American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

another article about route 20

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Route 20 Pulse website. I put it on my favorites. This would be a great idea for all state organizations. If 20 is as pretty out in NY as it is here in Illinois from Freeport to Dubuque, that is one great drive.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.route20pulse.com/pages/articled...t=87&iss=13 (there is an song about route 20 that you can hear on the web site also.)

This is an update: Route 20 Association of NY planning a 100-mile yard sale for 2007

The Route 20 Association of NY is in the planning stages for a 100-mile yard sale for 2007, to be held along US Route 20 from Albany to Lafayette. Though a date had not yet been established, tentative plans are to hold the event in conjunction with the Right Coast Car Association Car Cruise along the same route from July 20-22. Vintage car clubs participating in this free event will be traveling east from Buffalo and west from Albany along Route 20, with their destination being the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse to coincide with the Syracuse Nationals. High traffic volume is expected, and a roadside yard sale should be a great success for all those who participate. For more information on this planned event, please visit http://www.artmakers.com/20. The Route 20 Association of NY would appreciate your feedback. Information on the Route 20 car cruise can be found at www.usroute20.com or http://www.artmakers.com/cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We have updated our web site www.usroute20.com check it out.

Thanks for the reminder that Route 20 is one of the most interesting two laners around! I lived on the west end of the route for many years in Bend, Oregon. My wife was born in upstate New York so we have visited family there and followed the route in the east. Now we just need to take a road trip and connect the ends!

The website is great, and lots of fun to visit!

Keep the Show on the Road!

• 4 weeks later...
Radio blog for April 3rd 2007 click on link and then the date. Enjoy!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hostpage.aspx?host_id=2667

I've known about this program for awhile but not about the archives and I haven't been organized enough to listen to the live show. I listened to and enjoyed the show you pointed to. Nice contribution over the phone. I intend to listen to the other archived segments soon. Thanks for the pointer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi cruisers992000

Massachusetts is a bit far for me, but I am reasonably familiar with Route 20 in Oregon, as I lived for many years in Bend, and we frequently travel it now between the Willamette Valley and the coast. My son still lives in Bend, and while it isn’t the way we normally go to see him, it might be fun to take a little spin along it in the next month or so.

Do you need or want any specific photos, or information I might pick up?

BTW, here is a shot of Millican on US 20 about 25 miles east of Bend on the high desert which I took this winter.

ARMillican.jpg

Millican, a Ghost Town on the High Desert 25 miles East of Bend, Oregon

Edited by Keep the Show on the Road!

Hi cruisers992000

Massachusetts is a bit far for me, but I am reasonably familiar with Route 20 in Oregon, as I lived for many years in Bend, and we frequently travel it now between the Willamette Valley and the coast. My son still lives in Bend, and while it isn’t the way we normally go to see him, it might be fun to take a little spin along it in the next month or so.

Do you need or want any specific photos, or information I might pick up?

BTW, here is a shot of Millican on US 20 about 25 miles east of Bend on the high desert which I took this winter.

ARMillican.jpg

Millican, a Ghost Town on the High Desert 25 miles East of Bend, Oregon

Absolutely whatever photo's you have send them to me. If it is alright to post this one on my yahoo group I will, and give you credit for it.

Absolutely whatever photo's you have send them to me. If it is alright to post this one on my yahoo group I will, and give you credit for it.

cruisers992000,

I will see if I can take a swing along 20 in Oregon in the next month. I want to stop in Burns anyway because I have an old horse collar with Pete French's brand on it reputed to have been found in his round barn. French is a legend in eastern Oregon and Burns has a museum with some of his stuff in it.

There is also the story of the Blue Bucket Mine I want to revisit. I had a friend (Keith Clark) who has since passed on, but he was something of an expert on the area and the story of the gold nuggets found along the trail.

It has been some years since I was on that section of 20, so it will be a kick.

Use the Millican shot as you like. I used to stop there when it was owned by a fellow who was sheriff, mayor, and I think maybe the only resident. He is long gone now, and Millican is following his fate.

• 1 month later...