American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Route 66 Missouri Motor Pics.....

Here are some pics from our weekend at the 18th Route 66 Association of Missouri Motor Tour:

Rain, anyone?

And here are some from the newly re-opened Animal Paradise: It's a zoo out there.....

Roadmaven,

You made good use of that new digital! Enjoyed the photos. Lots of great color.

I especially liked the small towns...Spencer was my favorite, and one of my favorite shots.

Thanks for sharing...and BTW the rain didn't hurt the images...Hope it didn't dampen the fun!

Keep the Show on the Road

Roadmaven,

You made good use of that new digital! Enjoyed the photos. Lots of great color.

I especially liked the small towns...Spencer was my favorite, and one of my favorite shots.

Thanks for sharing...and BTW the rain didn't hurt the images...Hope it didn't dampen the fun!

Keep the Show on the Road

I remember some of those around Carthage from when KC and I went thru there on our way back to Memphis from our trip to South Dakota in 2002. We were headed east for Springfield on MO 96 before I realized we were on the 66 alignment.

Enjoyed the pics - takes me back a little.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

But Alex, does it take you all the way back to '53?? :driving:

It probably would - if I could remember back that far!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Honestly - I've looked at tons of pictures from Rt 66. Denny put a couple up that rang

a bell for me - but most don't. It's just changed so much over 50 years. It's like U S 40

between Wheeling and the Dayton turn-off. Go back to 1948-1951 we went out there to

visit friends and relatives in the Dayton area once a year - and took U S 40, as it was all

there was to take. I've driven it 2 or 3 times in recent years - absolute blank.

Oh, well, memories of what was fade over time, I guess.

Hudsonly,

Alex B