American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Fun Remeber Burma Shave Website

darthfadar

I've been on the mend from some throat & nose surgery last Wednesday. The doctor says I'm doing great but the doctor is feeling what I'm feeling. Hopefully, next week's 2nd post op appt will be better than today's.

I got this URL from a friend who is now 71. He worked in the TV production biz, his first job was a cable puller for "Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford. Some of my best days at work for me was when I could get him to tell stories of his early days in TV production in the 50s & 60s. His story of his first day on the job & how Broderick Crawford stood up for him had me rolling. I'll try to get him to share it or get his ok for me to.

Anyway, here is the Burma Shave site he sent. Animated, but still brings back memories & smiles.

http://oldfortyfives.com/DYRT.htm

Kevin

In January 2004 I went out to Alma, AR, to spend a couple days with a friend of mine. When I left his place I took U S 64 east to Little Rock (and 70 to Brinkley - still got to finish that Brinkly to Memphis stretch).

Anyway, just east of Alma, I spotted a set of Burma Shave signs. Most likely they are privately owned - I would say they were at this late date. I did get a picture of them - but not a good one. Didn't want to trespass. What little I did get is posted on my web site @

http://www.freewebs.com/yankeetraveller/index.htm

Click on Arkansas Ramble Part 1.

Safe Travels all.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

I've been on the mend from some throat & nose surgery last Wednesday. The doctor says I'm doing great but the doctor is feeling what I'm feeling. Hopefully, next week's 2nd post op appt will be better than today's.

Kevin

Hope you're doing all right and you feel better soon!