American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

American Road Trip Talk: The Music Box Steps

AMERICAN ROAD®: The Music Box Podcast: The next time you feel a bit thick around the waist, think of Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel, too. Comedy film buffs can have a few nostalgic laughs and burns some calories by visiting the 133-step stairway in Los Angeles made famous in Laurel and Hardy's 1932 Oscar-winning shore The Music Box on their next trip. Join American Road staff as they interview Vincent Brook a founder of the annual Music Box Steps Festival. You will find the podcast at: http://americanroadmagazine.com/programming/programming.html

If you would like to subscribe to our podcasts it is now possible, thanks in great part to American Roadie Denny Gibson. Denny worked with our intern (Amber) to set up a working RSS feed on our podcast page. Thanks Denny!

--I apologize for not posting news of this podcast earlier. If you read the article in the Summer 07 issue (or even if you didn't) we invite you to learn more about this piece of American History--turned tourist attraction.

Happy listening and safe travels!

Becky Repp

becky@americanroadmagazine.com

1-877-285-5434 x1

I was quite happy to help out a little and Amber's all set to completely handle the next episode without any interference from me.

But the main reason I jumped in here is to mention the iTunes connection. I guess we shouldn't be surprised to see that the outfit who invented the iPod (and enjoys a bit of a profit from it:-) is way ahead of the rest in handling podcasts. "American Road Trip Talk" will eventually work its way through other podcast directories and syndication systems but it is already showing up near the top in iTunes store offerings. (Try a search for "road trip" then look at the podcasts it turns up.) Because iTunes is the most popular and most complete podcast service, we have recently added a button to the American Road website that lets iTunes users subscribe with just a click. This means that American Road website visitors who happen to use iTunes can easily subscribe and so can iTunes users who are unfamiliar with American Road Magazine but do browse the iTunes store. Maybe some of that latter group will discover another good thing.