American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

U.s. 14 In Wisconsin

Bucfan

Again, an impressive site. Like Jim, I would have enjoyed a couple of small pictures, not being familiar with the area.

We were planning a trip to Wisconsin last year, but our friends there announced their divorce two weeks before the trip! I guess some folks will do anything to avoid me!

I appreciate the links, but one disadvantage is that they can lead you away from the site. The one to the National Register had that result. I ended up looking at places in Oregon.

The Mill description made me hungry just reading the names of the menu items!

Very professional! Looking forward to the next one.

Keep the Show on the Road.

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully you'll be able to add photos sometime.

I am notoriously bad at trying to fit in way too many activities when we go on one of these trips. Unfortunately, it means we don't take the time to get pictures when it's getting late. This trip was no different. On the other hand, because we were running so late one day in Iowa, we had to go to our hotel in Dubuque and then backtrack to Dyersville the next morning. That's when I stumbled onto the two-lane stretch of U.S. 20. So, I guess you have to take the good with the bad ...

Anyway, the second leg of U.S. 14 has been posted, as well as the second leg of our trip up Missouri 79 from Clarksville to Hannibal. Most of this stretch is also known as the Little Dixie Highway of the Great River Road, a national scenic byway along the Mississippi River. Also, I've added an article on the Inn at Eagle's Nest under unique lodging.

There's a few more pictures with the Missouri articles than with U.S. 14, including a couple of the Champ Clark Bridge (U.S. 54) over the Mississippi at the town of Louisiana.

Enjoy!

I am notoriously bad at trying to fit in way too many activities when we go on one of these trips. Unfortunately, it means we don't take the time to get pictures when it's getting late.

I try to cram too much in, too, but I'm so busy taking pictures that I have to drop activities and stops off the itinerary. jim