American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Thanks To Our Forum Members

roadmaven

As moderator of this forum, I want to just thank all of you publicly for the way you all handle yourselves here. Some of you who are members of a particular Route 66 forum know what I'm talking about. The differences in the attitudes are astounding, and I'm quite grateful to ALL of you who post here daily and do it with maturity and respect for your fellow members. Rest assured, you will NEVER see what is going on with that group happen here. I won't guarantee we won't get tested in that regard someday, but as long as we have members who are concerned with our purpose of discussing road issues and not insults, then we should be in good shape. And, I believe you all share the same goals as we do, so I like to think this sheriff has a few deputies to police things here as well. I'm sure I speak for Thomas & Becky Repp, and fellow forum administrators Denny Gibson and the lovely & talented Jennifer Bremer when I say "thank ya" and keep up the good work! :cheers:

Pat Bremer

American Road Forum Administrator

Pat,

I appreciate your comments! I feel like I know the folks who post here. I know that others feel the same way. You don’t diss your friends. You might kid them, but you respect their views and contributions to the group. I think newcomers sense that when they join. If they are looking for a fight, they probably go elsewhere.

And I think people here are quick to compliment a posting or to encourage and empathize. It is tough to rank on someone who last week told you how much they enjoyed your efforts.

It isn’t just about being civil, it’s about being a part of the community. Civility, while necessary, may only mask hostility. Community members care about one another, and are interested in what the other person is doing. That may be a little “touchie feelly,” but important to remember.

We don’t have to send get well cards, but we should do whatever we can to include folks in the “conversation.” Invite them to post, tell them what you liked about what they said or did. (Save the criticism for your own work!) If they live near something you think interesting, encourage them to post something about it.

I learn a great deal here, more than I would have expected. I get to see and appreciate parts of this great land that I would never see up close and so clearly otherwise. I too want to thank everyone who posts for taking the time, and doing it with good humor and respect for the other person.

Kudos to all of us!

Keep the Show on the Road!

As moderator of this forum, I want to just thank all of you publicly for the way you all handle yourselves here. Some of you who are members of a particular Route 66 forum know what I'm talking about. The differences in the attitudes are astounding, and I'm quite grateful to ALL of you who post here daily and do it with maturity and respect for your fellow members. Rest assured, you will NEVER see what is going on with that group happen here. I won't guarantee we won't get tested in that regard someday, but as long as we have members who are concerned with our purpose of discussing road issues and not insults, then we should be in good shape. And, I believe you all share the same goals as we do, so I like to think this sheriff has a few deputies to police things here as well. I'm sure I speak for Thomas & Becky Repp, and fellow forum administrators Denny Gibson and the lovely & talented Jennifer Bremer when I say "thank ya" and keep up the good work! :cheers:

Pat Bremer

American Road Forum Administrator

Pat,

A forum, egroup, etc, is only as good as the people who run it. I know that down the road somewhere the people who run this operation will move on to other things and endevors - and, oh, how I wish it would never happen. But it will - nothing is forever. Hopefully it will not change to much.

So for now we give thanks for the great folks at American Road for giving us this great venue - we may not say it often, but your work and effort are greatly appreciated

(Yes I belong to that certain Route 66 group - but probably won't be for long).

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis Road Traveler

If it's that contentious elsewhere, can we make sure we don't tell any of those guys about this place?

I've been doing online forums, BBSes, and e-mail groups for almost 20 years now, and 75% of those I've joined either turned into immature pissing matches or became overrun with spam and/or off-topic posts. It is unusual to find a discussion as civil, friendly, and fun as this one on the Net, and so I am especially grateful for this place.

Peace,

jim

Greetings everyone,

Pat - you do speak for Thomas and I when we say hats off to the members of the American Road Forum. This is a fabulous group of people.

Our hats go off to you and Jennifer for the great work that you - and our crew of moderators - do to keep this forum up and running smoothly and courteously. We view the Forum as our family of friends that enjoys discovering the treasures along our back roads.

Our philosophy at American Road is that there are enough negative things going on in this world - and we do not need or want to promote or endorse that type of activity.

Keeping this Forum fun for everyone is a PRIORITY for us. IF EVER there is a problem that a member believes needs to be addressed - PLEASE let that topic moderator, Pat and Jennifer, and myself know about it. (This is how you can do your part to keep this an enjoyable place to come and share experiences). Sometimes, one or more of the above individuals might be unavailable (e.g. out of town, etc.) and not able to manage the situation immediately. But, rest assured, we will do our best to act swiftly to remedy any problem.

This might be a good time to remind everyone to review our Speed Limits.

My humble thanks to EVERYONE on this Forum for your participation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude. YOU make the American Road® Forum a great place to visit!

Now - let's get back to having fun and Get the Show on the Road!

Best,

Becky Repp

becky@americanroadmagazine.com

1-877-285-5434 x1