American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Alaska????

HotRodGuy

Hello, my names Scott and have been a reader of this magazine for a few years.

I'm about to finish school in 2 weeks and am looking at a good road trip to wind me down for a week or two. I'm thinking Alaska, i've driven through the majority of our country and figure this may be one of the only chances I have to get that far North.

I'm looking for any info possible some of you may have.

Thanks in Advance!

Hello, my names Scott and have been a reader of this magazine for a few years.

I'm about to finish school in 2 weeks and am looking at a good road trip to wind me down for a week or two. I'm thinking Alaska, i've driven through the majority of our country and figure this may be one of the only chances I have to get that far North.

I'm looking for any info possible some of you may have.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Scott,

Are you planning on driving all the way? or do you want to travel the inland passage (you can go on the ferry from Seattle up to Alaska -- I've talked with folks that have taken their tents and "camped" on the decks of the ferry! There are some different options depending upon what you want to do. :)

Becky

Hi Scott,

Are you planning on driving all the way? or do you want to travel the inland passage (you can go on the ferry from Seattle up to Alaska -- I've talked with folks that have taken their tents and "camped" on the decks of the ferry! There are some different options depending upon what you want to do. :)

Becky

of course I want to DRIVE all the way ;)

Hi Scott,

Becky

Looking to Drive all the way up there :)

Hi Scott,

Very cool! Be sure to take pics and write us a letter for AR.

Check out this site - http://www.northtoalaska.com/Map.aspx - it might be helpful for planning your trip.

I'm sad to say I've not driven all the way there, myself. However, I've been to Ketchikan (just did an article on it in the Summer 06 issue of AR - if your planning on stopping there - you might want to check it out).

If you're planning on stopping in Ketchikan I can send you some additional links that might be useful to you.

:D Becky

Looking to Drive all the way up there :)

go to http://www.themilepost.com/

The MILEPOST®: Legendary Alaska trip planner and Alaska travel guide to the highways, roads, ferries, lodgings, recreation, sightseeing attractions and services along the Alaska Highway to and within Alaska, including Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and the Yukon.

My wife and I did the AlCan hwy in 2005 and found this publication to be tremendously helpful.

If you are interested in details contact me at thehallmarks@verizon.net

Hank Hallmark