American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Miss A Day - Miss A Lot

DennyG

Wow! I've certainly got a lot of catching up to do. I've barely glimpsed at Dave's New York trip and mobelines's Illinois outing and Kip's 66 adventures and I think there are a couple of others as well. I'll get to them all in time and it's sort of nice to have a backlog. Even though I saw the postings go by, I wasn't able to spend much time on them since I was busy covering some milage of my own. If there is time and interest, what I did over the weekend (blues in WV & a book signing in PA) is covered at http://www.dennygibson.com/pitpa072007

I know what you mean Denny. I got about 1/4 of the way through Jim's report yesterday before I got called away from the computer, and I have not yet finished it. Now I also have your report open in my browser to read when I finish Jim's. If only life did not get in the way. I also have go out driving from time to time, even if there is no destination, but I want to get as many miles on my new toy as I can before the weather changes. Hopefully the weather will be great in a couple of weekends and I will be able to show the car at Das Awkscht Fescht in nearby Macungie on August 4. Hemmings Motor News recently called the three day show the best FAMILY car show in the US. If you are in the area, try to attend.

Edited by Dave Reese

Oooooh, Falcony goodness. If that were on the Ohio/WV end of PA, I'd be tempted to go. I really like the rule in the Car Corral that cars must enter on their own power. I love old cars, but I sort of hate to see owners never drive them, instead transporting them on flatbeds.

Denny, from Google Maps it looks like there are plenty of possible former alignments of US 50 near Clarksburg, WV. Thanks for the pic of the brick road.

jim