American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

American Road Readership Poll

roadmaven

American Road Readership Poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Describe yourself from one of the following:

• I'm a subscriber to American Road
    • I buy American Road off the shelf
    • I don't read American Road

To get an idea of how our forum members receive American Road magazine, please choose one of the answers above. Your answers will remain anonymous, so if you choose #3, the American Road gnomes won't come out at night and kick you in the toe while you're sleeping.

:happyguy:

Funny, my toe hurts this morning.

I don't subscribe, but it's only because I'm looking to buy a new house. I am just waiting until I've moved before I subscribe.

jim

Ahhh, but you're in luck! American Road is ON THE SHELF at Borders on US 31 South in Greenwood, IN! I know this because I, uhhhh, I mean someone seems to "rearrange" the shelf so AR is more prominently visible to those browsing the travel magazines. :rolleyes:

Mobilene & Roadmavern,

Mobilene, one word...Subscribe! I was a pre publication subscriber and enjoy every issue.

And Roadmavern, I'm really pleased to see that AR is on the news stands. I haven't looked for it there, but I'm sure it shines!

Keep the Show on the Road!

Mobilene & Roadmavern,

Mobilene, one word...Subscribe! I was a pre publication subscriber and enjoy every issue.

And Roadmavern, I'm really pleased to see that AR is on the news stands. I haven't looked for it there, but I'm sure it shines!

I subscribed - back in the day when #1 came out. I do have a slight problem tho - I can't decided if American Road is my favorite, or my car club publication, The White Triangle News. They run neck and neck in my reading habits. :D Smithsonian magazine (while I like the articles) is a far distant 3rd in my magazine reading.

Safe traveling everybody and have a great day.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

I take Collectible Automobile, which I read from cover to cover every month. I'm eager for American Road to nestle in there alongside it as a real pleasure read. As soon as I move, that is.

Pat, I work in Carmel, on the other side of the universe from Greenwood. Maybe there's a Borders up here. Heaven knows there's everything else up here, even stuff you don't really need. For those of you not in the Indianapolis frame of mind, Carmel is a north suburb and is considered the high-rent district. Greenwood is a south suburb and considered more average-man.

For those of you not in the Indianapolis frame of mind, Carmel is a north suburb and is considered the high-rent district. Greenwood is a south suburb and considered more average-man.

That is a very good assessment of these two towns. And I'd go further to say in general each town looks down on the other equally. I recall a few year's ago on April Fool's Day, the "Welcome to Carmel" signs were replaced with "Welcome to Greenwood" signs, or vice versa. To add further to the anaolgies, Carmel can be described as the wine & cheese district while Greenwood is the beer & pretzels district. But hey, the cardiology group I work for treats those beer drinkers, so I'm not complaining. :lol:

Mobilene & Roadmavern,

There is a PDF on the American Road website listing retailers who carry the magazine. Becky Repp might be able to elaborate as to if this is an all-inclusive list, or whether they have other distributors with different stores.

Here is the link: http://www.americanroadmagazine.com/about_us/bookstore.pdf

Jennifer