American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Help Bring The Simpsons To The National Road

DennyG

RoadDog is a good guy and I know his heart is in the right place but, when I saw a campaign message from him in that all important Simpsons Movie premier election, I knew I had to take an opposing stand.

Fourteen cities named Springfield are vying for the honor of hosting the upcoming Simpsons Movie and two of them are on Historic Route 66. I can only hope that the major Mother Road Voting Block will be split with my candidate benefiting. I'm as big a fan of Sixty-Six as anyone but I can't drive to Illinois or Missouri in an hour and a half and I can reach Joe's U.S. 40 Grille in that amount of time. So I'm urging everyone to stop by http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm , check out the movies the cities have submitted to support their claims, then vote for Springfield, Ohio. The only (AFAIK) Springfield on the National Road and for sure the only National Road town with a shot at hosting one of the greatest movie premiers of all time. Voting ends July 9.

RoadDog is a good guy and I know his heart is in the right place but, when I saw a campaign message from him in that all important Simpsons Movie premier election, I knew I had to take an opposing stand.

Fourteen cities named Springfield are vying for the honor of hosting the upcoming Simpsons Movie and two of them are on Historic Route 66. I can only hope that the major Mother Road Voting Block will be split with my candidate benefiting. I'm as big a fan of Sixty-Six as anyone but I can't drive to Illinois or Missouri in an hour and a half and I can reach Joe's U.S. 40 Grille in that amount of time. So I'm urging everyone to stop by http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/simpsons-contest.htm , check out the movies the cities have submitted to support their claims, then vote for Springfield, Ohio. The only (AFAIK) Springfield on the National Road and for sure the only National Road town with a shot at hosting one of the greatest movie premiers of all time. Voting ends July 9.

Glad to oblige Denny! I have never seen a complete episode of the Simpsons, ever...so it's neither here nor there for me. But if it helps further the cause for Springfield, Ohio and the National Road, you have my vote!

D'oh! We (Ohio) lost but we did end up in the top half - barely. 7th out of 14. One of the Springfields on Route 66 did much better. Springfield, Illinois, placed second behind Vermont. Vermont??? They may have won the premier but no one's going to believe the Simpsons live in Vermont. Are they??? Vermont?!?!?!