American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Site For Links To Members Travel Sites And Other 2-lane Sites

I came across an interesting site that pertains to our two lane adventures, more or less, @ http://www.shorpy.com/ the other day. So I posted it on American Road. Then I had the bright idea to have our great friends at American Road add another category to the forum list - perhaps something like "web links to photo sources" or something of that idea.

I know a lot of us stumble around the net and trip over sites like this - might prove interesting to have one place to put the links to them.

"Keep-The-Show-On-The-Road suggested that I post this idea here to let folks post their thoughts and comments on it. He also mentioned members could link their travel sites to the forum here. I know I've got a bunch of sites bookmarked - my fault that I havn't grouped them into a sub-folder yet. So a central repository would be good, I think - what do you think??? Or I could add them to my travel web site, as I have done on my Hudson site for Hudson owners web sites, for that matter

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

I came across an interesting site that pertains to our two lane adventures, more or less, @ http://www.shorpy.com/ the other day. So I posted it on American Road. Then I had the bright idea to have our great friends at American Road add another category to the forum list - perhaps something like "web links to photo sources" or something of that idea.

I know a lot of us stumble around the net and trip over sites like this - might prove interesting to have one place to put the links to them.

"Keep-The-Show-On-The-Road suggested that I post this idea here to let folks post their thoughts and comments on it. He also mentioned members could link their travel sites to the forum here. I know I've got a bunch of sites bookmarked - my fault that I havn't grouped them into a sub-folder yet. So a central repository would be good, I think - what do you think??? Or I could add them to my travel web site, as I have done on my Hudson site for Hudson owners web sites, for that matter

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

I think we should get Pat & Jennifer’s thoughts on the subject. I certainly support the idea but they have to do the work. Are you volunteering to monitor the list? :D

I just posted a question under General Discussions about how can members help with the work of the forum. Maybe this is the first answer.

Keep the Show on the Road!

• 3 weeks later...
I think we should get Pat & Jennifer’s thoughts on the subject. I certainly support the idea but they have to do the work. Are you volunteering to monitor the list? :D

I just posted a question under General Discussions about how can members help with the work of the forum. Maybe this is the first answer.

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hi there!

My thought is thinking of links in two categories: The first would be a link to a very specific image or page of interest, like a specific photo or an article, which would generate a conversation. For these, I would suggest simply posting that link in the forum related to the corresponding subject matter. For example, the Wigwam Village photo could be under roadside businesses or Dixie Highway, depending upon the stronger leaning toward the subject. To distinguish posts with links, we might post 'LINK' in the subject so you can search for any links in one swoop using the search feature.

However, as far as a permanent list of website links of interest to roadies, the resources page of the American Road site is the repository for that. The forum and the American Road site go hand in hand, so we'd love to post any links there. Our only criteria for posting links is that they are non-commercial sites or not competitor sites, and that if applicable, links are reciprocal. I will start a thread here in the suggestion box for submitting links.

Jennifer