American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Thomas The Movie Star

DennyG

I stopped by the National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK, today. They have added a new Transportation Museum since my last visit in 2003. It includes a little theater with a short movie. I sat down to watch it and, much to my surprise, was greeted by a familiar face. American Road Editor Thomas Repp narrates much of the movie and other writers (e.g., Frank Brusca, John Ridgely) put in appearances, too. Actually, I think it might have been produced by American Road for the museum. It's a very nicely done overview of American transportation that fits the museum well. And Thomas look good in that 'Vette, too.

I stopped by the National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK, today. They have added a new Transportation Museum since my last visit in 2003. It includes a little theater with a short movie. I sat down to watch it and, much to my surprise, was greeted by a familiar face. American Road Editor Thomas Repp narrates much of the movie and other writers (e.g., Frank Brusca, John Ridgely) put in appearances, too. Actually, I think it might have been produced by American Road for the museum. It's a very nicely done overview of American transportation that fits the museum well. And Thomas look good in that 'Vette, too.

Hi Denny,

Glad you stopped in the Elk City National Transportation Museum! They have a great facility.

American Road® co-produced the documentary with Anderson Productions for the Museum. Thomas scripted and hosted the program. We are actually co-producing another documentary for the new Chandler Route 66 Interpretive Center with Anderson Productions as well. Thomas is scripting and narrating that one, too. This next documentary is based on his two books - covering roadside attractions on Route 66.

Glad you enjoyed the show! Wish we owned that Vette!

:D B

I was at the center in Chandler on Saturday so knew about the "in progress" documentary but didn't know there was an American Road connection. I believe all the other videos there were either scripted by Jim Ross of pre-existing PBS stuff. The Chandler stop is here as part of day 3 of my current outing. I should have something up on the Elk City visit sometime tomorrow morning.

Ahhh, so THAT is why he never posts on the forum! Since he's one of those big, fancy movie stars, I reckon he doesn't have time for us little people. :rolleyes:

**DISCLAIMER** The preceding was a useful tool called sarcasm. Any truth in jest is purely coincidental.

I was at the center in Chandler on Saturday so knew about the "in progress" documentary but didn't know there was an American Road connection. I believe all the other videos there were either scripted by Jim Ross of pre-existing PBS stuff. The Chandler stop is here as part of day 3 of my current outing. I should have something up on the Elk City visit sometime tomorrow morning.

Denny,

Good stuff as usual on your site. The video system(s) at the new center looks innovative. What was your impression of its effectiveness?

It does seem you experienced more "closed" places than might be expected in mid June. None the less, it sounds like fun.

Keep the Show on the Road!