American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Tetz Carriage Museum

Today Peg and I made took a drive a few miles from Allentown. We went up PA Route 100, north of I-78 but not as far north as PA 309, and headed west to the Tetz Carriage Museum which had an open house. The Tetz family has worked to restore caissons, horse drawn hearses, and other horse drawn vehicles, and now house the Horse Drawn Museum on their property.

On this beautiful day, we drove to the Museum Open House at the site of their home, shops, and the museum on Bausch Road in New Tripoli PA. In addition to Carriage Rides, canine agility displays, a goat cart, antique cars and trucks, live music, chain saw carvers and a black smith, they even had a crystal coach like Cinderella's that is available for weddings.

This is the sign describing the Yellowstone Carriage in their museum

Yellowstone2Web.jpg

which is considered the first tour bus. It is proudly displayed in the museum

Yellowstone1Web.jpg

Before leaving, I could not resist taking one more photo of the beautiful rolling hills in the farm country just west of Allentown

NWLehiCtyweb.jpg

I have two more photos in the Reese's Photo Pieces Gallery of this forum showing one of the horse drawn hearses and an antique Ford tractor that was on display for the open house today and Sunday, June 10, 2007.

You can learn more about this attraction and the open house by visiting

Tetz Carriage Museum's Site

post-104-1181421981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Reese

Dave,

Thanks for sharing the trip. It is also nice to see what the area looks like in June!

Sorry to learn the hearse is in regular use :rolleyes: !

As an aside, how did you link to the gallery? I like the idea. Did you cut and paste the URL, or what?

Keep the Show on the Road!

Edited by Keep the Show on the Road!

I tried linking to the gallery, but that did not work, so I linked to my personal web page and posted the photos there in a new directory named ARpix. It would be nicer if I could post photos in the gallery and then link the gallery as you said.

Tomorrow's trip will be first time using my new ride, my 1962 TR3B. I am taking it to a British car show in Hellertown PA. I have had the car just a bit more than a month after it spent a number of years in Arizona. I will probably post photos of that on my own Triumph car page.

I tried linking to the gallery, but that did not work, so I linked to my personal web page and posted the photos there in a new directory named ARpix. It would be nicer if I could post photos in the gallery and then link the gallery as you said.

Tomorrow's trip will be first time using my new ride, my 1962 TR3B. I am taking it to a British car show in Hellertown PA. I have had the car just a bit more than a month after it spent a number of years in Arizona. I will probably post photos of that on my own Triumph car page.

You lucky son of a gun! Do me a favor and take a few road shots over the steering wheel and post them. If I can’t own one, at least I can pretend!

I had a black 1958 MGA with wire wheels when I was in graduate school. I’d give a hundred bucks just to take one up through the gears. I have had at least three roadsters since and none compared. A few friends had TR3’s but they cost a bit more.

ARMGA.jpg

As I said, you lucky son of a gun!

Keep the Show on the Road!