American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Where Dinosaurs Breed On Route 66

The photo below was taken this winter (January 2007) in Holbrook, Arizona along old Route 66, just north of the historic Santa Fe Railroad depot and across the street from the J&J Trading Post. I figured we had discovered the Route 66 dinosaur retirement home! Or maybe the breeding ground!!

DinosaursClose.jpg

Dinosaursfull.jpg

Does anyone know the story behind this place? Post a follow up.

Did you notice the classic A&W in the background?

Take a look at the other great postings in this section. There are lots of photos and great advice from American Road Stars like Becky Repp, DennyG and the one and only roadmaven! So look for more images, a couple of panoramas, and their great stories.

And if you haven’t yet joined this happy crew, sign up so you get all the benefits of the Forum. The photos will be displayed without the need to follow the links, and you get access to all the photos in the Gallery, including a lot more of Route 66. Best of all you can share your discoveries and road trips with the rest of us!

Let’s Keep the Show on the Road!

• 6 months later...

I saw that place last fall when we did our Route 66 end-to-end cruise. Quite an interesting place, but we were getting too far behind so didn't stop. Something for the next cruise. Looks like a great old tourist trap.

I saw that place last fall when we did our Route 66 end-to-end cruise. Quite an interesting place, but we were getting too far behind so didn't stop. Something for the next cruise. Looks like a great old tourist trap.

RoadDog,

I didn’t know you had done 66 end to end. That is no small undertaking! I can understand not pausing too long at any one place! Did you post the trip here? Give me a starting point if you did. I’d like to look at it.

Keep the Show on the Road