American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

While Rose of the Road and Bo, the Malamute Wonder Dog were out exploring the countryside, I took some 3D photos of a few sites along Route 66. I regret now that I didn’t take more, but perhaps American Roaders will enjoy these few.

To view them, stare at the two side by side images and cross your eyes until there is a third image in the middle. It will be in 3D! It may also help to tip your head slightly left or right.

Two Guns was a popular stop along the old road. It is located about 23 miles west of Winslow. The Mountain Lions zoo was just one of the attactions at the site.

TwoGuns3D.jpg

The 66 Motel is on the outskirts of Needles, California as you come into town from the east.

motelsignthreed.jpg

motelthreed.jpg

The old café in the photo is in Essex, California on that great section of the Mother Road that now lies below I 40 west of Needles.

essexthreed.jpg

I described Roy’s in another posting. It is in Amboy, California.

roysthreed.jpg

If you have a problem viewing these, I can put the same images up in Red/Blue viewable with glasses.

If you enjoy these, I'll post more on my next trip to Keep the Show on the Road

Edited by Keep the Show on the Road!

While Rose of the Road and Bo, the Malamute Wonder Dog were out exploring the desert, I took some 3D photos of a few sites along the section of Route 66 between Needles and Ludlow, California. I regret now that I didn’t take more, but perhaps American Roaders will enjoy these few.

Cool pictures! I had no problem viewing them. The buildings and signs seemed to jump right out at me. Thanks for sharing!