American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Great River Road In October

gwltd85

Did a much to quick weekend ride up the Great River Road from Dubuque, IA to Hudson, WI..(just across the Mississippi River from St. Paul, MN last October during the peak leaf change. Rode from home, Omaha, NE, to Dubuque on Friday. Weather was going to become an uncomfortable factor on Monday (don't mind being cold, don't mind being wet, just did not want to be cold and wet for 6 hours on Monday) so rode the Great River Road to Hudson on Sat. (Son happens to live in Hudson so...free food and a good bed). Back to Omaha on a cool, cloudy, but dry Sunday. Will be back this Oct for an extended trip which will include much more meanderings in the SW corner of a great state. Wanna join me???

• 1 year later...

I was up there one year when the colors changed... I always thought GA/NC/SC where just beautiful at that time... but up there?... I had to stop the bike and I think that my hair stood up... it was just unbelievable!!! You have just given me an idea that I actually need to witness it again... would be a shame not to. Not this year... but maybe next. (Fuel!!!...).

Be well... and lets see some pictures soon...

Please!

Ara & Spirit