American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Highway 61 Roadhouse

rudkipon66

On Valentine's Day, Quinn and I ventured to a great new joint in Webster Groves, the Highway 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen...the place is chock full of murals, photos, and memorabilia commemorating the "blues highway"...the food continues that commemoration; we had Fried Tamales (a Delta favorite) and I had BBQ Spaghetti (Spaghetti saturated with jerked pork and the Roadhouses own BBQ sauce--have your Tums by your side for this one!). They also served Quinn and I heard some great music (it was a benefit for Katrina Relief, and all the proceeds go to New Orleans)...you can hear great blues there as well (Kim Massie, an icon of the St. Louis Blues scene, plays there regularly)...it is sorta strange touting a "Route 61" roadhouse that is not quite on highway 61, but if you are visiting the St. Louis area, it is well worth the visit...it is located at 34 S. Old Orchard (just off Big Bend) in Webster Groves, Mo...for more info, visit their website www.hwy61roadhouse.com...Tsingtao Kip

Barbeque Spaghetti, now that sounds like something I gotta try. I already like that St. Louis treat called fried/baked ravioli. Have you ever had beer nuggets or a horseshoe?

Keep on Down that Two Lane Highway. --RoadDog