American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

New Nat'l Road/u.s. 40 Hotel....

roadmaven

OK, so this isn't *that* big of a deal, but come 2010 when you're on your US 40/National Road trip and you find yourself looking for a night's stay in Indianapolis, this might fit the bill. But before 2010, consider this a warning about construction traffic on old 40 in downtown Indy. :-)

Story with video

OK, so this isn't *that* big of a deal, but come 2010 when you're on your US 40/National Road trip and you find yourself looking for a night's stay in Indianapolis, this might fit the bill. But before 2010, consider this a warning about construction traffic on old 40 in downtown Indy. :-)

Story with video

I hope that we're still able to cruise by 2010!

By the way, Kip is planning the annual Sweetheart Cruise for the weekend of February 17th and 18th from STL to Boonville, MO on old U.S. 40. This particular stretch of road is not well marked (or marked at all in some places) and my experience in Missouri, unlike Illinois, has been one including some guesswork and backtracking. Can anyone provide turn-by-turn directions that we can use for this cruise?

Kip and I have both kinda, sorta done some exploring in this area but, for example, are not certain whether or not old 40 ever went through Fulton before reaching Columbia. I initially thought it did but currently believe that it did not. Other questions include whether or not to use the south or north outer road in certain areas. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....Bliss