American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

December Contest

Jennifer

Good evening everyone!

We are excited to launch our new monthly contest and we hope it will encourage everyone to travel with AMERICAN ROAD on our nation's great roads!

Starting next month, each contest will offer *two * chances to win a prize, as follows:

1) PART 1 - We want to see your travels with AMERICAN ROAD Magazine! Have your photo taken with a copy of AMERICAN ROAD in front of a recognizable landmark or area and submit your entry (as a JPG file) to either Pat or myself at the e-mail address(es) below. Be sure to let us know: your name and where the photo was taken, just in case we don't know! If your photo is selected for the month, you win!

2) PART 2 - The winning photo will be displayed in a post on the forum...this will be the 2nd part of the contest, where the rest of the forum members get a chance to win too! Here's how it will work....I will "hide" the winning photo, and every other day will "reveal" a small part of the photo. As the photo is revealed, the first person to contact either Pat or me at the e-mail address(s) below with the correct location of the photo wins!

To get us started this month, we are posting a photo...keep checking back to see the photo revealed and send us your guess!

Good luck and be ready to submit YOUR photos for the January contest!

Rules:

• Have your photo taken with a copy of AMERICAN ROAD magazine in front of a recognizable landmark or area. Send a JPG file to Pat (pbremer at americanroadmagazine.com) or Jennifer (jbremer at americanroadmagazine.com - remove the spaces and substitute the at with @, of course!). You can also e-mail us through the forum.
  • Contestants may submit as many photos of themselves as they wish per contest, provided they are of different locations.
  • All photos submitted are eligible for that month's contest only and will be discarded after the contest ends. However, you are free to resubmit any of your photos for the next contest.
  • The forum member whose photo is selected wins a prize for the first part of the contest, but obviously is ineligible for the second part of the contest!

AR_DecemberForum_02.JPG

The contest photo has been updated and a few more spots revealed! The photo is still contained in the first post, above. Click on the thumbnail image within the post to enlarge.

E-mail replies to Pat (pbremer at americanroadmagazine.com) or Jennifer (jbremer at americanroadmagazine.com - remove the spaces and substitute the at with @, of course!)

Good luck!

We have a winner....!!! Congratulations to the keen observation of Alex Burr, who correctly identified the location of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - located in none other than your humble forum hosts' hometown of Speedway, Indiana!

Here is the complete "original" photo (sans American Road magazine), as taken on the day of last year's Indy 500:

Pat in front of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

For next month's contest, I hope it won't be so easy!! So, get your copy of AMERICAN ROAD out, hit the road, and send me a photo of you with the magazine and it might be your photo!

Travel well!

P.S. When you click on the photo link, if you get my homepage and not the image, right click and "copy link" and paste it directly into the address box of your browser and that should work....sorry for any inconvenience!

Congratulations Alex...

I had not checked again until today, but you had beat me to the guess. I was busy scanning old negatives from Pocono Speedway from the 70's, and church camp at Hickory Run State Park, and came over to the forum for a respite. I will learn to check each day. But it is hard to win out over such a road trip expert.

Great contest...and great winner.