American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Magazine Index

Dave Reese

Is there some place where there is an index of all the issues of American Road? I know as a teen I had indexed all my Car & Drivers, Car Life, and such magazines in a card file so I could find articles from my library faster. If there was an index of the locations mentioned in the past magazines, it might help selling the remaining back issues, and make it easier for us to find what we have in our own piles of the past issues we own.

Dave,

I am SO glad you asked this question. We are actually in the process of compiling an index. One of our dedicated subscribers, Richard Etchells, is putting a complete index of American Road articles together. A partial list of everything that he has indexed to date will be posted on our website in the near future. We'll post an announcement with the link once it is up.

Happy travels!

Becky Repp

becky@americanroadmagazine.com :)

Boy,

That was easy. I only wish my other requests in my life were rewarded as swiftly. Looking forward to the release of the index. THANKS.

Ask and ye shall receive as they say...here is a link to a PDF version of the file, which is updated shortly after each issue is out.

AMERICAN ROAD Magazine Index

• 1 year later...

Just a quick request: When this is being done, could a sort by State or Region be included? For those of us who might not know of a route, being able to find it when planning a trip to a general area may be a big help as well. Thanks for your consideration to this marvelous project.

Just a quick request: When this is being done, could a sort by State or Region be included? For those of us who might not know of a route, being able to find it when planning a trip to a general area may be a big help as well. Thanks for your consideration to this marvelous project.

Even better, wouldn't it be great if article topics could be geotagged and placed on some kind of map on the Internet? Then you could easily see what might be along the route...

Chris

Even better, wouldn't it be great if article topics could be geotagged and placed on some kind of map on the Internet? Then you could easily see what might be along the route...

Chris

Chris,

I would love to be able to track articles based on a map of the US. What a wonderful idea.

• 1 year later...

Hi Gang,

Great minds must think alike! We actually have started to attempt to map some of the index. Its taking a bit of time to figure out how to do it... Perhaps when we have a working sample a few of you would be willing to try it out and give us some feedback on it. More to come!

Becky

• 11 months later...

Greetings everyone.

We are thrilled to announce a new format for the American Road magazine index that American Road Forum Member Rick Etchells started a few years ago and continues to update for us. This format update has been some time coming, but, they say all good things are worth the wait.

With Rick's help, we developed a search tool, that returns results based upon a query. Here's a link to access the Back Issue Index tool. You'll also find a link to the Back Issue Index tool under the "Magazine" navigation button and in the footer of each page in the main section of the American Road magazine website.

We welcome any suggestions to continue to enhance the tool.

Please join me in thanking Rick and the rest of the American Road staff who worked on this project!

We hope you find this tool useful.

Best,

Becky

Greetings everyone.

We are thrilled to announce a new format for the American Road magazine index that American Road Forum Member Rick Etchells started a few years ago and continues to update for us. This format update has been some time coming, but, they say all good things are worth the wait.

With Rick's help, we developed a search tool, that returns results based upon a query. Here's a link to access the Back Issue Index tool. You'll also find a link to the Back Issue Index tool under the "Magazine" navigation button and in the footer of each page in the main section of the American Road magazine website.

We welcome any suggestions to continue to enhance the tool.

Please join me in thanking Rick and the rest of the American Road staff who worked on this project!

We hope you find this tool useful.

Best,

Becky

Thanks Rick...and Becky!

I think I still have all AR issues from day one...but I did lose my membership card :( .

I recall my excitement at the new magazine, and you have never let me down! But I still don't know how you knew to send me the advance noticed back then. You must have been mind readers!

The index with the multiple search means wil be great.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Thanks Rick...and Becky!

I think I still have all AR issues from day one...but I did lose my membership card :( .

I recall my excitement at the new magazine, and you have never let me down! But I still don't know how you knew to send me the advance noticed back then. You must have been mind readers!

The index with the multiple search means wil be great.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hi Dave,

I'll have to see if we have any of the membership card stock left. If we do I can reprint one for you.

Becky

Hi Dave,

I'll have to see if we have any of the membership card stock left. If we do I can reprint one for you.

Becky

Becky,

Thanks for the very thoughtful offer, but the memory will suffice. I recall how I thought someone had finally hit the nail on the head when I read the pre publication mailer you folks sent out, and I still think so. Your success has been a pleasure to watch.

It is great to have a readily available index. I can't jump in the car immediately after I get each issue, so when I want to plan a trip, I now have an enhanced means to get at the information from past issues. Kudos again to Rick.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road