American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Got Cars?

DennyG

I just got got home to find my pre-ordered (amazon.com) copy of the Cars DVD waiting in my mailbox. Watching election returns was already on my agenda so Lightning and friends will probably have to wait until tomorrow. The DVD arrived in the company of my other pre-order - Jerry Lee's Last Man Standing. That means I've got something to get me in the mood for a road trip (Yeah, like that's necessary!) and something to entertain me on the road. Now, if that amendment banning all taxes passes, life will be perfect.

Dennis,

I am looking to pick up a copy of Cars this week too. THat was so much fun. Check out the HO slot car towing rig I made for a recent HO slot car race from a Kellogg's cereal toy...it can tow the car completely around my track.

Departure.jpg

That Mini-Mater is pretty cool and the woody's not too bad either. During my very brief (and very distant) time around slot cars, I don't think anyone even thought of tow vehicles.

I did my third Cars viewing (first non-theater) last night and throughly enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll be seeing new stuff through many more viewings.

Susan got me a copy of "Cars" for my recent birthday. I'm going to watch it sometime this weekend and pause frequently to see if I can catch some of the references. Aside from the more obvious ones, I've already spotted the Glen Rio Motel:)

We picked up the Cars DVD Tuesday and my wife loved it. For some reason, I struggled to get through it and doubt if I'll watch it again. I noticed iconic roadside stuff and enjoyed that but animated movies, I guess, are just not my cup of tea. I may be the only guy on the planet who doesn't enjoy the movie. No offense intended....Bliss

• 3 weeks later...
I just got got home to find my pre-ordered (amazon.com) copy of the Cars DVD waiting in my mailbox. Watching election returns was already on my agenda so Lightning and friends will probably have to wait until tomorrow. The DVD arrived in the company of my other pre-order - Jerry Lee's Last Man Standing. That means I've got something to get me in the mood for a road trip (Yeah, like that's necessary!) and something to entertain me on the road. Now, if that amendment banning all taxes passes, life will be perfect.

I purchased Cars a couple weeks back, when it came on the market - havn't watched it yet. I'll be headed for Memphis the end of Dec for my yearly visit with my daughter. We have started a "New Years Day Movie Marathon" tradition (Last year we watched Vanishing Point and Thunder Road), so we'll watch Cars together - along with a VHS tape I picked off Amazon or Alibris, can't remember which now - The Richard Petty Story.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

http://www.freewebs.com/yankeetraveller/

...We have started a "New Years Day Movie Marathon" tradition (Last year we watched Vanishing Point and Thunder Road), so we'll watch Cars together - along with a VHS tape I picked off Amazon or Alibris, can't remember which now - The Richard Petty Story.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

http://www.freewebs.com/yankeetraveller/

I will be looking forward to your review early in 2007.