American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

You can hear me on the radio again

June 2019 already?  As I suspected in April, life did get in the way of being active more often here.  When I had my family of cars & road tripped yearly (2002-2011), I visited over 35 groups & message boards regularly; I cut back a few years ago & now visit irregularly because life has sure changed over the years.

I am (thus far) still alive, tho.  I have been out of work since last August & job hunting is difficult; I even started my own business.  But, a new bright spot is returning to the airwaves!

Official announcement of my re-booted radio show:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2019/05/15/cd-showcase/
[includes genre details & links to check out]

2019 CD SHOWCASE website page:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/radio-shows/2019-cd-showcase/
[features playlists & links (related Facebook group & FB event; radio station website & FB page; how to listen when show airs & online-via podcast)]

If you enjoy the show, let me know & give some feedback direct to the radio station; thank you.

Cort, pig&cowValves+PM, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
2003 MGM LS + 1981 cmc SC; need 1975 Chrysler Cordoba
"It was like a lighted match had been tossed into my soul" | Trisha Yearwood | 'The Song Remembers When'

I read the playlist for your show. Glad to see you are back on the air.

I know your Dad passed recently. Speaking as the father of a son about your age who struggles with self sufficiency and health issues, your Dad would be proud you keep on truckin'.

I have a question. How does a radio station get permission to play music artists? Do they have to pay royalties....or something?

Old age is reducing my road trips so I am not posting as often here, but I was on the road a few weeks ago, so maybe I will put it on the Forum. We traveled old auto and stage coach roads in Oregon. Great fun.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keep the Show on the Road! said:

I have a question. How does a radio station get permission to play music artists? Do they have to pay royalties....or something?

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road

The 'Reader's Digest' short version is that commercial radio stations have contracts with the two main music publishing organizations, BMI (Broadcast Music International) and ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers) whom they pay.  The two publishing organizations then distribute songwriting royalties to their respective songwriters.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...