American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!
Sign in to follow this  
knightfan26917

Why Feel Good Recently? Car Lineup!

With all of the horrific events lately, how about some GOOD? So, I want to know what has made you feel good recently!
FOR ME
1: 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs
2: new-to-me 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
3: for the 1st time ever, representing my employer at a meeting hosted by another company (just yesterday, Friday, 11/11/2016, the 5th anniversary of my 4th open heart surgery, Friday, 11/11/2011)
4: writing 2 stories that just flow with ease as I type
5: my upcoming very-mini road trip from northern IL to Okemos MI to the Effingham IL area & back, Thursday-Friday, 11/17-18/2016 (anyone in those areas or along the way want to meet!?)
[among others]
I do not have the talent or patience to build model kits, but I sure love the detail work others put into them, like this engine bay a friend crafted:
Interesting truck-bed camper; would you use it!?
I know this phrase is most-associated with highway driving-merging, but this lineup of cars reminded me that it would seem the phrase could be applicable to some cruise nights & shows:
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"A heart that's hopeful" | Michael W Smith | 'Place In This World'
Edited by knightfan26917

Not car related, but I did recently get my amateur radio license. Also getting married in the next month, so there is that too. I may also be employed soon with the California Department of Motor Vehicles, so a bit car related.

Hey Mike ... congrats on the license & getting married! Good luck with the potential job; what would you be doing?

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Your friends have shown a kink in the single life" | The Raconteurs | 'Steady As She Goes'