American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Why Feel Good Recently? Car Lineup!

knightfan26917

With all of the horrific events lately, how about some GOOD? So, I want to know what has made you feel good recently!
FOR ME
1: 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs
2: new-to-me 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
3: for the 1st time ever, representing my employer at a meeting hosted by another company (just yesterday, Friday, 11/11/2016, the 5th anniversary of my 4th open heart surgery, Friday, 11/11/2011)
4: writing 2 stories that just flow with ease as I type
5: my upcoming very-mini road trip from northern IL to Okemos MI to the Effingham IL area & back, Thursday-Friday, 11/17-18/2016 (anyone in those areas or along the way want to meet!?)
[among others]
I do not have the talent or patience to build model kits, but I sure love the detail work others put into them, like this engine bay a friend crafted:
Interesting truck-bed camper; would you use it!?
I know this phrase is most-associated with highway driving-merging, but this lineup of cars reminded me that it would seem the phrase could be applicable to some cruise nights & shows:
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"A heart that's hopeful" | Michael W Smith | 'Place In This World'
Edited by knightfan26917

Not car related, but I did recently get my amateur radio license. Also getting married in the next month, so there is that too. I may also be employed soon with the California Department of Motor Vehicles, so a bit car related.

Hey Mike ... congrats on the license & getting married! Good luck with the potential job; what would you be doing?

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Your friends have shown a kink in the single life" | The Raconteurs | 'Steady As She Goes'