American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Mystery, I Wrote + Nephew: Gl & Kitt

knightfan26917

Been a while since I had time to visit; living life, or so they say. I am alive & fine, just handling & juggling a lot currently: health issues, health insurance changes, personal projects, professional obligations, trying to figure out a way to do more of what I really want to do while I still have time in this life, etc. I sure miss my cars & some people, but I am doing the best I can in the moment. I hope to be able to participate regularly again soon. Meantime, sharing a few new things, FWIW.
I start with something I recently wrote: a short murder mystery story that simply flowed, surprisingly sparked by a rather insignificant experience. (I already have some ideas for a sequel-continuation.) Cars included: 1975 Caprice Classic convertible, 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis, 1991 Ford Crown Victoria, 1976 AMC Matador sedan, 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan. If interested, people tell me it takes ~1-1.5 hours to read; I explain the inspiration in the Forward:
Love the creative mind of my Nephew with these scenes he has created; this includes KITT & the General Lee:
With summer 2016 in the rear view mirror, what are your favorite memories &/or huge moments from 2016 & all-time?
I took this photo just over 3 years ago, while driving my former 1989 Caprice Classic Brougham north on I-39 in IL! Considering the local radio stations kept playing songs from my life that road trip, I figured it was perfect for what I quipped ~1 year ago: sometimes, surprising songs fit the moment perfectly:
I have a scale version of the GMC Motorhome; do you know this history!?
Side view of a Dodge Challenger a friend, Mark, built & detailed! Almost looks like a 1:1 car?
THIS is a moon-sun roof, on a Mercury Sun Valley:
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 Caprice to MGM + 81mc
"How can life be what you want it to be" | Madonna | 'Frozen'

Decided to put my ideas for a sequel-continuation of my mystery story into writing. The 1st of several sections publicized Sunday evening here:
Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 Caprice to MGM + 81mc
"I don't want to take this life for granted" | Keith Urban | 'Somebody Like You'