American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Ot - Trip Down Under

Dave Reese

I guess most of you think I have disappeared as it has been a long time since I posted here. In the last 6 months we have sold our house and moved, and then traveled to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. The move required me to dismantle my slot car track and to sell the TR3B, so I went whole-heartedly into photographing our trip, mostly with my new Olympus EM-1 camera. If anyone wants to see some of the photographs from the trip, I would love to have you visit the album at https://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklands/albums/72157666233038265. I don't when my next trip in the US will happen, but when it does, I will be asking advice once again.

Dave,

It looks as though you, your wife, and friends are getting better acquainted with the world first hand!! Great idea!

The photographs are really excellent. They held my attention and I was impressed with your sense of the interesting and evocative.

It appears you have entered a new phase of your life. Best wishes on a continued good trip!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm ... looks like I can finally post again!

I agree with Dave, Dave, (HA!) you have a great eye for photography.

If you're next US trip takes you through IL, please let me know ... would be good to meet you. Someday, I hope to get back to PA & visit America On Wheels.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"I didn't mean to catch you by surprise" __ Lane Brody __ 'Over You'