American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Yellowstone Model T Trip Help Needed

I got a tip that a couple of fellows planned to leave the Denver area on Tuesday (August 25, 2015) and follow the vintage Yellowstone Highway to the Park, in their Model T's. But my source didn't know names, contacts, or details I was planning to drive the Yellowstone Highway in that time frame in a 2015 Ford Mustang convertible, and it occurred to me that there might be some fun photo ops if I could connect with them.

So does anyone here have a clue as to who they are, etc.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

That would be neat to meet up with them & snap some photos, Dave! Sorry, I hadn't heard about that, tho. If you haven't already, maybe you could try contacting local Model T clubs either in Denver CO or in the Yellowstone area to see if they know?

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"See the light come over now" __ Moby __ 'South Side'

Cort,

Good idea! And in the process I came across this web site:

http://vintagetimetravelers.com/Home.html

I get the impression from other sources that the plans may have been modified since this web site was posted, so I have sent emails to anyone who might know.

I leave on my drive tomorrow, and will have to consider what I learn between now and then as to whether I try to connect with them at Estes Park on the south end of what I believe to be their initial leg of their trip, or intersect them as I go south along the Yellowstone Highway. Or forget it.

I want to follow the Yellowstone Trail between Yellowstone and the Puget Sound, and the Yellowstone Highway between Yellowstone NP and at least Casper. I might do some of the Custer Battlefield route, or the Lincoln Highway, depending on how, and if, I connect with the Model T guys.

MY “plans” will be reveled (to me at least) in the fullness of time. I leave tomorrow.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hey Dave,

You are welcome! Glad that proved fruitful ... & appreciate you sharing that link. Looks like an awesome adventure ... sure wish I could go, too!

Enjoy your drive!!!!!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I could feel a sweet beginning" __ Vince Gill __ 'Cinderella'