American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

A Question For St. Louisans: The Hill

Jennifer

I know there's a few of you out there, I have a question. I'd like to head to St. Louis in the next few weeks, and particularly to the area known as The Hill.

I understand that it is known as St. Louis' "Little Italy" and I'm anxious to see what they have in the way of Italian markets, specialty stores, etc. Any suggestions as to how to make the most of my visit? Is it easy to get around? Park? Shop? There's probably alot of good Italian restaurants - any experiences, suggestions, etc. are welcome!

Mille grazie! (A million thanks!)

Jennifer

I know there's a few of you out there, I have a question. I'd like to head to St. Louis in the next few weeks, and particularly to the area known as The Hill.

I understand that it is known as St. Louis' "Little Italy" and I'm anxious to see what they have in the way of Italian markets, specialty stores, etc. Any suggestions as to how to make the most of my visit? Is it easy to get around? Park? Shop? There's probably alot of good Italian restaurants - any experiences, suggestions, etc. are welcome!

Mille grazie! (A million thanks!)

Jennifer

Jennifer, I have no personal experience with "the hill" but I'll forward your request for info to Kip, Robert, Carolyn, etc. who can fill you in. I do remember, though, that Jane's last Neon was stolen from in front of a restaurant a couple of years ago while dining on the hill....Bliss

I do remember, though, that Jane's last Neon was stolen from in front of a restaurant a couple of years ago while dining on the hill....Bliss

A Neon? The thieves around The Hill must've been incredibly desperate or incredibly stupd. They probably didn't even make it back to the chop shop before the head gasket blew. :lol: Gee, you'd think we'd have had experience with one of those "fine" automobiles, eh? <_<

A Neon? The thieves around The Hill must've been incredibly desperate or incredibly stupd. They probably didn't even make it back to the chop shop before the head gasket blew. :lol: Gee, you'd think we'd have had experience with one of those "fine" automobiles, eh? <_<

Yeah, the Neon was stolen by kids joy riding and they have never been caught. Must be easy to break into and start because the doors were locked and Jane had the keys with her.

The car was found abandoned that same night in an alley somewhere on the south side and was pronounced as being a total loss. What upset Jane the most, I think, is that she lost her "Bad Girls Guide to the Road" (or something like that) as a result of the glove box being rummaged through. Kip's PT Cruiser has been stolen from in front of his house twice and had to be completely repainted the first time. He recently had to replace the tranny which could have been a victim of one of the joy rides. He lives on the south side and has to park on the street because he has no garage.....Bliss

Jennifer, I have no personal experience with "the hill" but I'll forward your request for info to Kip, Robert, Carolyn, etc. who can fill you in. I do remember, though, that Jane's last Neon was stolen from in front of a restaurant a couple of years ago while dining on the hill....Bliss

Thanks Kent - I appreciate that. We're going to try to get out there the 2nd weekend in November, I'm looking forward to it! :)