American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

I have been making some additions to my Rt 66 web site. It started with the maps I created showing all the different alignments. Got a lot of request from folks wanting a copy of my files so they could follow 66. Problem is that some of the routes no longer exist, they are on private property or are not in drivable condition. So I have been working on a drivable route using alignments I found to be the most interesting and had the most to see. I added that map to my site along with a Google Map with push pins showing where things are located.

My current project involves putting the drivable route into a GPS as a map overlay rather than turn by turn directions where the GPS tells you how to drive. This just gives you a line on the map to follow as a reference. Then I imported the push pins as favorites / POI in the GPS so you can both follow the route and get to what you want to see. Getting close to being finished with this.

Anyway check out the maps and tell me what you think;

http://route66map.publishpath.com