American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Pennsylvania House Reopening

DennyG

The Pennsylvania House ( http://www.pennsylvaniahouse.net/ ), a one time National Road inn in Springfield, OH, is reopening this Saturday after more than a year of renovation. There's some information here:

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/i/conten...ocal/pennhouse/

although you have to register to access some or all of it. It essentially says that there will be a ribbon cutting and other ceremonies at 10:00 then the house will be open for tours until 4:00.

I plan on being there. Anyone else?

Denny, you would've seen me had it not been for a prior roadtrip already scheduled. The Corvair clan is heading on a fall foliage tour into southern Indiana with an overnighter in Owensboro, KY Saturday night. The leaves should be at their peak this weekend, so it should be a great view if the rain holds off.

I made it and so did quite a few other folks. It was a bit chilly but the sun was shining and the skys were blue. The ceremonies went smoothly (after they got the PA sorted), the ribbon was cut, and the house was packed for the next couple of hours.

Then I even figured out how to post pictures here and posted a few from the opening in a new gallery named "Denny G's Gallery". Pretty clever name, eh?