American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Wonderland Way

Just like everybody else, when I read about an auto trail that I've never heard of before and which starts just twenty miles from my door, I take it. I had previously driven many pieces of the Wonderland Way but not all of it and never as a unified auto trail. Now, thanks to the article and map in the latest issue of American Road, I have.

http://www.dennygibson.com/wonderland/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbors nearer the front of my condo complex have promised to give me a heads-up if they see an Indiana State Trooper pull in.

Like you, I'd driven much of it with no idea that a named auto trail had ever run that way. Knowing that gave the trip a little more definition and I did get to places I'd never been before but roads like 62 are pretty no matter what you call them. There's a good chance you have seen the Triple Whipple. It is visible on the west side of IN 56 heading out of Aurora. After I visited, I could recall seeing the bridge off in the distance but I'd never taken the time to reach it or count the Whipples.

• 4 weeks later...