American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

L H Travelogue Published

Do you recommend we purchase it from Amazon, or is there a way to get a limited-edition autographed copy?

Chris

The best deal is clearly through Amazon since they're discounting it and there are ways to get free shipping. I'd be happy to sign a copy (although it's a pretty weird experience for me) and mail it for about $3 postage. Actually, since you're sort of in my neighborhood, we could probably arrange delivery over a cup of coffee.

PM me here or email me through DennyGibson.com.

Denny,

Mine came yesterday. Thanks, and congratulations on a job well done! I'm also impressed by the turnaround time. I barely got mine finished for Christmas for a Route 66 trip I took with Sharon in 2011. :happy2:

Thanks for the congratulations. It's self published but that's now easier than ever and it still feels like an accomplishment. Maybe it will be a nudge for that Kearney to San Francisco drive I hear you're thinking about.

Denny,

Looks like a must read!!

I think I will contact you directly for the autographed version....first additions signed by famous authors can only appreciate!

Dave

keep the Show on the Road!

I don't think that logic applies to unknown old guys, Dave.

Maybe it will be a nudge for that Kearney to San Francisco drive I hear you're thinking about.

Yeah, Sharon told me about a Hotel in Nevada she wants to stay in. When I asked her what brought that about, she held up your book. I think between the map on the LH website and your book we will be good to go. Maybe the northern part of the Dixie Highway this summer too. :)

Mike

Yeah, Sharon told me about a Hotel in Nevada she wants to stay in. When I asked her what brought that about, she held up your book. I think between the map on the LH website and your book we will be good to go. Maybe the northern part of the Dixie Highway this summer too. :)

Mike

There are two Nevada hotels mentioned and I do hope Sharon's thinking of the Hotel Nevada in Ely. While I would stay at the Overland again, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. As I'm sure you realize, my book isn't intended to be a guide book at all and is certainly not all inclusive. I do, however, hope it gives you some idea of what to expect.

There are two Nevada hotels mentioned and I do hope Sharon's thinking of the Hotel Nevada in Ely. While I would stay at the Overland again, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. As I'm sure you realize, my book isn't intended to be a guide book at all and is certainly not all inclusive. I do, however, hope it gives you some idea of what to expect.

I'm not sure which one she was looking at. It's much more about the adventure rather than the amenities anyway. We're planning on paying a return visit to Wigwam Village #2, perhaps as soon as this weekend. Elegant it ain't, but it's definitely fun.