American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Nerves & Asking For Help...

"We've been hurting one another & now the pain has cut too deep" __ Annie Lennox __ 'Walking On Broken Glass'

Life IS mostly good, but am I the only 1 nerve-wracked?

I'm contemplating whether or not to appeal the disability denial; need to receive more of my medical records & speak with a lawyer...ugh.

I have time for a road trip, but no $$. [best road trip moments begin when you say "hello"...!]

A couple weeks ago, we had flooding rains 1 day; accumulating snow the next.

Bombing at the Boston Marathon; explosions in TX & OK.

A friend of 20+ years wrote me a scathing note about how bad of a friend/person I am.... Yet, someone I recently met, knowing my affinity towards older cars, suggested I start a niche business. I've contemplated that before (or some sort of road tripping or radio-related endeavor), but not sure ... so many ideas & possibilities with not enough starting $$.

My future looks bleak, but sometimes determination (or something else...) kicks in. But, I need help:

I'm still job-hunting; need 1 with health insurance for obvious reasons. COBRA runs out in ~2 months.

Do you need help social media managing, organizing, reviewing, or researching ... something to get me out of the house a bit? We could barter....

Anyone interested in getting together? Maybe lunch, dinner or both. Maybe with cars, but definitely good company & conversation.

& ... something that will NOT take YOUR $$ ... if on facebook, "like" my page, OLD CARS, STRONG HEARTS ... please.

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics

CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/

"I'm moving like lightning through the pouring rain" __ Johnny Lee __ 'Rolling Lonely'

Cort,

I encourage you to apply again for disability, and as you appear to be planning..... through a lawyer in that field. Many of them will do it for a cut of the back payments, because many programs are retroactive to when you first applied.

Keep in mind that being turned down is routine, perhaps to discourage the lazier of the scammers, but it also delays help for those who most need it. I have a son with multiple challenges, so I have become familiar with our social services. Ask around, make lots of phone calls....you will connect with someone who gives a damn.

I understand that you are truly facing some tough challenges. Happily for you, you are made of strong stuff, so you will do OK. No need to be nervous, it is certain to work out with your smarts and tenacity.

As you know, the solutions won't knock on your door looking for you. I'm not big on fairy tales, but I'm absolutely sure that persistence (and of course attitude) is the key. Getting some help these days takes your kind of efforts, so don't be bashful.

If you want someone to talk old roads, e-mail me using our message service. I'm not a good source of sympathy, but I know a thing or two about two lane roads.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Hi Dave,

Yep ... I am in the process now. At the moment, I'm waiting for the records from my 11/11/2011 open heart surgery to arrive; I have the records from my previous 3 surgeries. Once I receive those, I will contact a lawyer ... and go from there. Just ... ugh.

I wish I could see it the way you do ... made of strong stuff & no need to be nervous. COBRA (health insurance) runs out in ~2 months; if I don't get a job soon, I'll be in a world more trouble than I already am. I try NOT to talk about how bleak it is ... because I know how it sounds.

It's hard to even ask, sometimes......

Talking about 2 lane roads sounds awesome to me. If you want, Email me ... I check Email at least once a day:

faithcubsmc2691

@

aol.com

Thank you!

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"There's things goin' on make me mad down to the core" __ Charlie Daniels __ 'Simple Man'