American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Dearth To Deluge -- Bookwise

DennyG

Maybe two isn't exactly a deluge but compared to zero it's a lot. Zero is the number of US 6 books that I was aware of until recently. Then one day I learned of a Route 6 guidebook via a travel blog and through that learned that Joe Hurley's book about his walk across the country on US Highway 6 was available. Both were published in May and I probably should have known of them earlier. Better start paying attention, I guess.

Malerie Yolen-Cohen's "Stay On Route 6" is a guidebook to the entire highway with advice on things to see and where to sleep and eat. I posted a review here:

Joe Hurley's "Ten Million Steps On Route 6" is filled with Travis Lindhorst's photographs and Joe stories about people and places. My review is here.

Denny,

Your book review of "Stay on Route 6" was terrific....you are clearly more than just a pretty face! :happy2: I read the whole thing and enjoyed every thought. Perhaps more important, it added to my knowledge and perspectives on road travel. Kudos!!

Whether you have an interest in Route 6 or not, read Denny's review.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

• 2 weeks later...