American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Waters Edge Motel In Gravois Mills Mo

rudkipon66

Quinn, Natalie and I took a little trip away from reality this weekend and we picked quite the place--the Water's Edge Motel, on the Lake of the Ozarks, in Gravois Mills, MO. I will say I have never been a huge Lake of the Ozarks fan, probably because my exposure is with the area that is innundated by outlet stores in Osage Beach. When we got to the Water's Edge, we found the exact opposite of the hustle and bustle--we found a wonderful place to stay, on a very quiet part of the Lake that you would swear was not part of the largest, busiest lake in Missouri. We checked in, we swam, we bar-b-cued, Natalie almost learned how to play Badmitton...and you just got a chance to forget about reality. Another big part of the enjoyment were "our hosts", Bob Swengorsh and Robin Norman, who have turned this place into a great place to visit. They made us feel completely welcome, and, as fellow members of the Route 66 Association of Missouri, we chewed the fat about Route 66, and about Highway 5, the blue highway that passes right by their front door. Highly recommend that you plan a trek to Gravois Mills and stay with these fine people...151 Highway 5 Gravois Mills, MO 65037; 573-372-2201; www.watersedgeotel.net SGF, Kip