American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Possible Road Trip To Oh To Assist

knightfan26917

As of now, I'll drive to Versailles OH in 2 weeks (Tuesday, 05/15/2012 - Friday, 05/18/2012) to help Mike at Mike's Montes get more pictures on the website & re-write some of the descriptions (which I've already started). It'll get me out of the house a bit & give me an albeit brief road trip.

Not sure yet what routes I will take to & from, but I will most-likely leave Elgin IL before or right after lunch on Tuesday, returning home late Friday evening. If you want me to stop between here & there, or if you're in the Versailles OH area & want to meet up Wednesday or Thursday evening, please let me know....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"On the upside of a downward spiral" __ Train __ 'Drive By'

Good to hear you might be getting back on the road for a bit. Versailles is close enough to Cincinnati (and even closer to frequently visited Greenville) that I should be able to get there for a hello. Maybe drag you to Greenville for a Maid-Rite or two.

A brief look at the map made me wonder if you might be able to work in a little Historic Michigan Road. I'm pretty sure that it has recently received Scenic Byway status although I couldn't find that on the website. (Are you a little behind, Jim?:-) I also thought of the National Road/US-40 but that's probably too far south.

Good to hear you might be getting back on the road for a bit. Versailles is close enough to Cincinnati (and even closer to frequently visited Greenville) that I should be able to get there for a hello. Maybe drag you to Greenville for a Maid-Rite or two.

Sounds good; looking forward to finally meeting you ... especially after our oh-so-close time in Amarillo in 2011.

It'll be good to be back on the road, even if it is short ... and to help out a bit. My days will be taken by working, but evenings should be free. I'm planning a dinner in Piqua for Thursday night (see below).

A brief look at the map made me wonder if you might be able to work in a little Historic Michigan Road. I'm pretty sure that it has recently received Scenic Byway status although I couldn't find that on the website. (Are you a little behind, Jim?:-) I also thought of the National Road/US-40 but that's probably too far south.

Yeah, that's a bit too far south. I may be able to work in some of the HMR, but not sure yet. It depends on which route I take, really....

NOT sure yet where I'm staying, but looking at a possible dinner & travel routes....

THURSDAY DINNER

Time ... ~6p-7p to ~8p-9p

Town ... Piqua OH (best accessible from I-75 & US 36)

Place ... Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans

TRAVEL ROUTES

DIRECT

(Elgin IL to Versailles OH) is via Chicago (& pay tolls...UGH), then:

I-94 E

IN 49 S (at Chesterton IN)

US 30 E (at Valparaiso IN through Plymouth, Warsaw & Fort Wayne IN)

US 127 S (at Van Wert OH)

OH 185 S (into Versailles OH)

[Or, if I stay in Piqua OH, then I'd take US 30 E all the way to I-75 S]

ALTERNATIVE

(avoiding Chicago)...:

IL RT 47 S

US 24 E (at Forrest IL)

I-65 S (at Remington IN)

I-865 (north of Indianapolis IN)

I-69 N

IN 109 S

US 36 E

US 127 N

OH 47 E

[Or, if I stay in Piqua OH, take US 36 E all the way]

* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *

"Those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo" __ Eddie Rabbit __ 'Driving My Life Away'

UPDATE!

As of now, this is still a possibility. Since I'm now in "panic mode" (more medical bills + unemployed with things I've worked for disappearing), a road trip may or may not be a good way to relax....

If you want to meet up along the way or in Piqua OH, let me know.

My cell phone #...

847-

337-

THURSDAY DINNER

TIME & TOWN remain the same; leaning towards 6p-8p (rather than 7p-9p).

PLACE is TBD. For location reference, BOTH restaurants are on the west side of I-75, but are on opposites sides of US 36.

TRAVEL ROUTE

Still TBD, but since I can "take my time" Tuesday, I may take the ALTERNATIVE route to OH. Then, on the way home Friday, I may take the DIRECT route.

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"You don't know what you got until it's gone" __ Chicago __ 'Hard Habit To Break'

"Sometimes life's so bitter sweet" __ Carrie Underwood __ 'Starts With Goodbye'

If things work out, I'll drive a silver Dodge Charger.

HOWEVER, with apologies for the late notice, plans have changed ... Thursday dinner CANCELED; different travel plans, too.

"Something is wrong here, I don't belong here" __ Uncle Kracker __ 'In A Little While'