American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - Travel Safe

Yes indeed, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and an all around joyful season. Mike, I, too, will be on the Dixie Thursday though I'll be going the way Carl intended, south. I'll be picking up a stretch between Russellville, KY, and Shelbyville, TN, that I've somehow managed to miss in the past. I doubt this section is part of your route but I'm guessing I'll be there in mid-afternoon.

Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

Yes indeed, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and an all around joyful season. Mike, I, too, will be on the Dixie Thursday though I'll be going the way Carl intended, south. I'll be picking up a stretch between Russellville, KY, and Shelbyville, TN, that I've somehow managed to miss in the past. I doubt this section is part of your route but I'm guessing I'll be there in mid-afternoon.

Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

Hi Denny,

You're right; I'll be going through your town along the eastern alignment. Sometime in the next few months I want to go to Russelville too, but head north rather than south. I want to stay in the Wigwam Village for the night. I have managed to stay in the one in Rialto, CA a couple of times but missed Holbrook, AZ three times and missed Cave City once. You'd think by now I would learn to make reservations.

Anyway, safe travels and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Mike

Indeed, Dave!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and hope everyone has thrilling and safe travels the rest of this year and the coming year.

I just wish I was one of the ones hitting the road sooner rather than later...!

Denny and Mike ... have fun!!!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

* Radio.HolidayCDshowcase | 12.24.2011 | Noon-4p.CENTRAL | www.wrmn1410.com *

"No store bought gifts to open, but there'll be Christmas just the same" __ Kenny Rogers __ 'Kentucky Homemade Christmas'

Edited by knightfan26917