American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Rt 66, Rt 60, & Rt 64

Just got in tonight from a 3,000 mile road trip. 66 from OKC to Miami OK, then parts of 60 to Charleston WV with a side trip to the Corvette factory in Bowling Green, KY. Then down the Blue Ridge Parkway for some fall colors to parts of 64 back to Oklahoma. Great trip with some other detours.

This covered much of what I wanted to see on 60 to the east. Now planning a trip on 60 to the west.

Just got in tonight from a 3,000 mile road trip. 66 from OKC to Miami OK, then parts of 60 to Charleston WV with a side trip to the Corvette factory in Bowling Green, KY. Then down the Blue Ridge Parkway for some fall colors to parts of 64 back to Oklahoma. Great trip with some other detours.

This covered much of what I wanted to see on 60 to the east. Now planning a trip on 60 to the west.

Wow!

And how were the colors?

dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Wow!

And how were the colors?

dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Intense and overwhelming. I have seen pretty fall colors before but never so much and so bright. The amount of color was just awesome. I will put some in my flickr account and post a link.

The colors started in West Virginia and did not stop until we got past Memphis coming back. This was a very memorable trip.

Edited by black85vette

Now that's my kind of road trip. Looking forward to the pics and any details you'd care to share.

Here is a link to some of the fall colors; http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwyUjsZ

Only took about 550 pictures this trip.

Colors were fantastic but think we were about 2 weeks past the peak. North of Asheville some of the trees were already dropping a lot of leaves. South of Ashville all the way to Chattanooga was awesome but we also had some clouds and fog.

Really enjoyed the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great road conditions, somewhat narrow, 45 mph speed limit, and trees right up to the road. Only issue was that we missed tons of great shots because you can't just pull over anywhere you want. Enjoyable drive and very scenic. Since there are few facilities on the parkway you have to plan your fuel and lodging a little better. We opted to enter between Roanoake and Asheville and spend the night in Ashville. Then traveled south until we left the parkway and headed for Highlands where we spent the night.