American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

My First One Hundred

DennyG

I hinted at a recent road trip when I mentioned visiting a culvert on Braddock Road that Steve Colby revealed to the forum but I didn't mention that it was the 100th trip I've documented at DennyGibson.com. When I started the website and did a trip or two a year, 100 seemed like a rediculous number. Now I'm thinking that two or even three hundred might be reasonable. The report on the trip, which was a seven day outing to the DC area using US 40 and US 50, is here:

http://www.dennygibson.com/dirk2011/

Back in August, I added a blog to my website. It differs from what I was doing (and continue to do) in that it is driven by the calendar and not all entries are travel related. I post to it every Sunday and yesterday I used it do do some horn tooting relating to reaching one hundred trips. That blog entry is here:

http://www.dennygibson.com/blog/2011/10/the-first-one-hundred/

I do suggest taking a look at the collage (click the thumbnail) which is kind of a blurry overload but is also kind of neat. It brings a smile to my face every time I see it. And don't be afraid to comment on the blog. That's what it's there for though comments here are very welcome, too.

I hinted at a recent road trip when I mentioned visiting a culvert on Braddock Road that Steve Colby revealed to the forum but I didn't mention that it was the 100th trip I've documented at DennyGibson.com. When I started the website and did a trip or two a year, 100 seemed like a rediculous number. Now I'm thinking that two or even three hundred might be reasonable. The report on the trip, which was a seven day outing to the DC area using US 40 and US 50, is here:

http://www.dennygibson.com/dirk2011/

Back in August, I added a blog to my website. It differs from what I was doing (and continue to do) in that it is driven by the calendar and not all entries are travel related. I post to it every Sunday and yesterday I used it do do some horn tooting relating to reaching one hundred trips. That blog entry is here:

http://www.dennygibson.com/blog/2011/10/the-first-one-hundred/

I do suggest taking a look at the collage (click the thumbnail) which is kind of a blurry overload but is also kind of neat. It brings a smile to my face every time I see it. And don't be afraid to comment on the blog. That's what it's there for though comments here are very welcome, too.

Denny,

You are definitely the travelin man! And I did look at the montage.....nice reminder! Go for the next 100!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

I do suggest taking a look at the collage (click the thumbnail) which is kind of a blurry overload but is also kind of neat.

"Kind of" neat? Oh, heck no ... it IS neat. In fact, it is AWESOME!

Denny ... I admit I'm a bit jealous. I dream of doing that many road trips. So far, I've only managed to do one a year since ~2002. Sadly, that first one in 2002 was NOT documented, nor were my mini and major road trips in 2003. I didn't start documenting them, per se, until my 2004 trip out west. And, it was 2 years later, my October 2006 road trip, that the pictures I share were taken by me. That year, a friend of mine, Ray B, told me that he was sending me his old camera. My "assignment" was to take at LEAST one pic EVERY place I stopped. He told me that, if I completed the "assignment" satisfactorily, he'd sell me the camera at a very small price. I did and he did ... and I still have and use that camera, though I wish finances would allow me to purchase a newer, better camera. *sighs*

As you know, I would LOVE to be on the road 24/7/365. I enjoy your road trip reports and pics. :)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

* PRE-SURGERY PARTY = ~5:30p-10:30p, Saturday, 10/29/2011 at Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Just like driving on an open highway never knowing what we're gonna find" __ Lady Antebellum __ 'Our Kind Of Love'

...and, as you probably guessed, Denny, I fully agree. I just don't have the "expandable time" to make some of those day trips that I'd like to do. Course, I suppose the argument could be made that I DO take those "day trips", whenever I drive my cars. But, I'd like to have time to do some day trips across Illinois, to Wisconsin and into Iowa. PLUS, have time to do the "major" road trips to see friends and family across the US...! Depending on how my surgery recovery goes in December ... as well as the weather ... I could maybe so some of that then. We'll see.

Life is too short.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

* PRE-SURGERY PARTY = ~5:30p-10:30p, Saturday, 10/29/2011 at Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"I wanna drive" __ Trace Adkins __ '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

Edited by knightfan26917