American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Kudos To Foster Braun

I wanted to comment on how much I enjoy Foster's photos in the Gallery. The fact that they have greeted me at the top of the page recently when I go to the forum has brought a smile, and reminded me of the many fascinating sites and sights along the American Road. Kudos to a guy with many talents!

In my view, Foster captures the essence of the American Road as enjoyed by most travelers. I know I could learn from his eye for what is interesting, without being redundant.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Your mention of only the gallery photos in connection with Foster Braun gives me an opening to wonder if you are aware that these photos are posted to augment Foster's blog entries which are, in turn, introductions and links to his American Road Trip Talk podcasts. Since resuming the podcasts several months ago, Foster has posted a new one more or less weekly and announced it with a blog entry. Most or all have included photos. The podcasts, without photos, are also available through iTunes.

Your mention of only the gallery photos in connection with Foster Braun gives me an opening to wonder if you are aware that these photos are posted to augment Foster's blog entries which are, in turn, introductions and links to his American Road Trip Talk podcasts. Since resuming the podcasts several months ago, Foster has posted a new one more or less weekly and announced it with a blog entry. Most or all have included photos. The podcasts, without photos, are also available through iTunes.

Denny,

I was definitely aware of the podcasts and have enjoyed several over time. I was not previously aware of his photography, thus the reference to "many talents."

In fact my post had a bit deeper intent as well. I wanted to praise a certain genre of road awareness which you also exhibit. My interests run to little known or unknown sites, and for the vast majority of road travelers, that is where they would leave them. In addition to appealing to old roadies like me, material like Foster's attracts the newly interested as well, and is therefore to be highly valued.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!