American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

O L H L Meeting (Plus To & From)

I attended the Ohio Lincoln Highway League in Ashland over the weekend and I followed it up by driving a little of the LH. The report is here. The meeting is on day two with an LH drive from Mansfield to Beaverdam on day three.

I attended the Ohio Lincoln Highway League in Ashland over the weekend and I followed it up by driving a little of the LH. The report is here. The meeting is on day two with an LH drive from Mansfield to Beaverdam on day three.

Denny,

Another great write up! I remain much impressed by your "eye" for roadside history, and with the rich "pickens" in the mid west.

Incidentally, I picked up the 1913 Goodrich Route Book for Ohio and Indiana the other day with its early strip maps I prefer not to copy the whole thing, but if you need a particular route let me know.....if you don't already have all you need!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Incidentally, I picked up the 1913 Goodrich Route Book for Ohio and Indiana the other day with its early strip maps I prefer not to copy the whole thing, but if you need a particular route let me know.....if you don't already have all you need!

No needs just now but will certainly keep that in mind. So much for simplifying the collection, eh?

I could have stared at those brick road photos all day long!

Hope you're still targeting Ohio's National Road this month. It has some drivable brick sections, too.

I remain much impressed by your "eye" for roadside history, and with the rich "pickens" in the mid west.

Same here ... which is partly why I sure hope our paths cross someday, Denny.

Glad you share your trips with us. :)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We're outta here" __ Steve Azar __ 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'