American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Carts--Not For Golf

rudkipon66

I was wondering how much anyone knew about this cart (attached). My grandmother drove it when she moved to Sun City AZ in the early 60's...it was not a golf cart; it was her way to the grocery store etc. I don't know anything about it and were it not for my cousin Cathy I would not have a picture of it...anyone with any inspiration it would be appreciated.

post-707-0-37345400-1298947052_thumb.jpg

Edited by rudkipon66

What is a Taylor-Dunn Trident?

I googled for images of 1960s 3-wheelers and came up with a match then a description here. It's electric, built from 1959 to 1963, with a top end of 16 MPG. I bet Jan & Dean would have picked up on it if they'd only found a rhyme for Trident.

I was wondering how much anyone knew about this cart (attached). My grandmother drove it when she moved to Sun City AZ in the early 60's...it was not a golf cart; it was her way to the grocery store etc. I don't know anything about it and were it not for my cousin Cathy I would not have a picture of it...anyone with any inspiration it would be appreciated.

Wow...your grandma was a Sun City 'pioneer'! Great picture, with those now-historic early Del Webb houses in the background. Is that you or your cousin riding shotgun, off to shop at the A. J. Bayless? (no one who has not lived in pre-1985 Arizona will get the last reference)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow ... that's cool, Kip!

That MicroCar Museum looks like something else, too. Next time I go to Atlanta to visit friends in that area, I'm going to have to make a point of checking that place out in person.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's a freedom that we all want to know" __ Restless Heart __ 'Wheels'