American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Teardrop & Tiny Trailer Rally

roadmaven

July 14-17, 2011, there will be a rally of some of the finest teardrop and tiny travel trailers assembled at McCormicks Creek State Park in Spencer, Indiana at McCormicks Creek State Park. The Crossroads of America 2011 Rally is expected to have well over 100 different types of home-built, factory-built teardrops and other forms of mobile escape pods. If you're in the area, bring along your camera, and mosey around the campground. Admission to the state park is required ($5 per car). Still some 4 1/2 months away, there are already 95 campsites claimed for the rally. If you have a trailer and want to join in, registration info can be found on the rally website. A big tip of the cap to Thomas & Becky Repp and American Road magazine for co-sponsoring the event!

July 14-17, 2011, there will be a rally of some of the finest teardrop and tiny travel trailers assembled at McCormicks Creek State Park in Spencer, Indiana at McCormicks Creek State Park. The Crossroads of America 2011 Rally is expected to have well over 100 different types of home-built, factory-built teardrops and other forms of mobile escape pods. If you're in the area, bring along your camera, and mosey around the campground. Admission to the state park is required ($5 per car). Still some 4 1/2 months away, there are already 95 campsites claimed for the rally. If you have a trailer and want to join in, registration info can be found on the rally website. A big tip of the cap to Thomas & Becky Repp and American Road magazine for co-sponsoring the event!

Hi Pat,

We're looking forward to seeking lots of great photos from the event!

:)

Becky

• 3 months later...

Just to give an update on the rally, there are now over 125 expected at McCormicks Creek State Park next month. Stop by the park and bring your camera along!

• 5 weeks later...

Just to give an update on the rally, there are now over 125 expected at McCormicks Creek State Park next month. Stop by the park and bring your camera along!

Hi, Just saw your update (yup, I'm a bit behind.). Great news on the rally!

• 2 weeks later...

Pat, is one of those claimed campsites yours?

Why, yes it was, Denny! It was a fantastic four days at McCormicks Creek. I think the final tally was 142 trailers of all little shapes & sizes. And a big tip o'the cap to American Road for co-sponsoring the event. There was an issue in every goody bag passed out. I got a few questions from some of the attendees about the magazine Friday when I wore my AR polo, so some new readers will be joining soon. Here are a few shots I took...my apologies for not getting them labeled yet. Hopefully this weekend! Crossroads of America 2011