American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Picture In Picture

knightfan26917

Remember that feature of TVs a few years back where you could watch 2 shows at the same time with what was called "picture in picture"? Well, this is not exactly the same, but I photographed non-digital pics I took circa 1988-1997. Maybe someday I'll get 'em all scanned in and placed online somewhere....

It's funny how old pictures reveal a lot about your past that you had forgotten, in terms of people and events.... Wonder where some people are today....

COLORFUL

Walt Disney World, FL, Summer 1989:

PicNpic1_color1.jpg

Opryland Hotel, Nashville TN, Christmas 1995:

PicNpic2_color2.jpg

Front steps of a relatives' home, Holsopple PA, Summer 1992:

PicNpic3_color3.jpg

NATURE

Western United States, 1991 (mid June to mid July) family road trip:

PicNpic4_nature1_1991.jpg

Portland OR area, 1991 family road trip:

PicNpic5_nature2_1991.jpg

Western United States, 1991 family road trip:

PicNpic6_nature3_1991.jpg

National Park, northwest US, 1991 family road trip:

PicNpic7_nature4_1991.jpg

AUTOMOTIVE

Snow Storm, January 1-3, 1999, which featured highest 1-day total (18.6", 01/02/1999) and 2nd-highest multiple day total (21.6");

top car is parents' 1990 Corsica; bottom car is my former 1997:

PicNpic8_auto1.jpg

Campus of Colorado State University for National Youth Conference, 1990 ... notice the orange 1st gen MC and the white 4th gen MC:

PicNpic9_auto2.jpg

Universal Studios, 1989:

PicNpic10_auto3.jpg

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_07.30.11_Cold.Treat *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I know it's crazy, but it's true" __ Christopher Cross __ 'Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)'

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

I keep meaning to actually scan them into the computer, but haven't done so ... yet. :)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed" __ Linkin Park __ 'Leave Out All The Rest'

Thanks!

I keep meaning to actually scan them into the computer, but haven't done so ... yet. :)

Over the years I have scanned most of my pre digital photos and keep them on an external USB drive (and backed up on a second one). My granddaughter asked for photos of herself when she was a child for her upcoming wedding, and bingo, I had them in a few minutes. And if I need a shot from some road trip years ago, it is at my finger tips.

They never fade, and if they faded before I scanned them, I can fix them in my photo software. And I can see them without a magnifying glass on my computer, or show them on my flat screen TV via wifi or via a HDMI cable from my laptop. I sit in my easy chair and "command" the show! I have actually had family members ask to see old pictures on the "big screen."

Thanks for the photos.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

• 4 weeks later...

Over the years I have scanned most of my pre digital photos and keep them on an external USB drive (and backed up on a second one). My granddaughter asked for photos of herself when she was a child for her upcoming wedding, and bingo, I had them in a few minutes. And if I need a shot from some road trip years ago, it is at my finger tips.

They never fade, and if they faded before I scanned them, I can fix them in my photo software. And I can see them without a magnifying glass on my computer, or show them on my flat screen TV via wifi or via a HDMI cable from my laptop. I sit in my easy chair and "command" the show! I have actually had family members ask to see old pictures on the "big screen."

Thanks for the photos.

*nods*

You are welcome, Dave.

And, your success with scanning in your photos ... makes me wish I had the time to do all of mine now. I have a bunch that I know people would love to see, but just never seem to have the time to do it. Or, when I think I'm going to have the time, something always "comes up" and takes priority.

One of these days......

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

"Father Time still takes a toll on every minute that you save" __ Clint Black __ 'No Time To Kill'