American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Route 50 Blocked

I got a chuckle from that myself. Of course the chuckles diminished when I considered my waistline and realized that blocking some roadways is possible.

Could a Dodge van be in your future, Denny. :lol:

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Could a Dodge van be in your future, Denny. :lol:

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Doubtful but never say never. I spent several years with a Chevy van with a bed in the back that saved me many motel bills. It was a great expressway cruiser but it handled like what it was -- a truck. With careful driving, I approached but never crossed the 14 MPG barrier.

Doubtful but never say never. I spent several years with a Chevy van with a bed in the back that saved me many motel bills. It was a great expressway cruiser but it handled like what it was -- a truck. With careful driving, I approached but never crossed the 14 MPG barrier.

I just used Dodge as a generic example. I remember a few nights sleeping in my car. Back in my day in the 50's (and probably earlier and later) Dad's looked askance at boys who drove business coupes - I had a 39 Dodge business coupe for a while. I can remember more than one dad coming out as I picked up his daughter for a date and telling me to open the trunk (much to daughters embarrassment) so he could see if there was a mattress back there. LOL And if you were stuck with a Nash-can, as I was for a while, forget about going out on a date. Dad's wouldn't let their daughters within a mile of a Nash-can. I often wondered why. hehehehe

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Edited by Alex Burr - hester_nec

I enjoyed noticing in new topics that this was listed as "Route 50 Blocked by Denny Gibson". Boy, do you have clout!

LOL!

Believe it or not ... I noticed that, and before I opened the thread wondered if anyone else had, too! :)

I took a peak at the linked article ... yikes. It doesn't mention any injuries related to the slide itself, so hopefully that is the case.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * RT_06.2011_us66+NW USA

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"All of the chaos makes perfect sense" __ Joe Diffie __ 'Third Rock From The Sun'