American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Wanderlust

Jennifer

Has anyone seen the documentary entitled Wanderlust? It was made in 2005, and it was very good. It was about road movies, how they started, evolved, and mirrored - and influenced - American road culture.

Pat and I watched it last night and it was fantastic!

Haven't seen that one, will look for it on Netflix and give it a look. thanks for the suggestion.

Jason

Has anyone seen the documentary entitled Wanderlust? It was made in 2005, and it was very good. It was about road movies, how they started, evolved, and mirrored - and influenced - American road culture.

Pat and I watched it last night and it was fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, I haven't seen it either, but I have a feeling I should ... since I always seem to have wanderlust ... just can't stop. If I could be on the road 24/7/365, I would.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Out in no-man's land on an old 2-lane" __ Bucky Covington __ 'It's Good To Be Us'

• 2 weeks later...

Jennifer,

Thanks for the tip on Wanderlust! I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the old black and white images.

It would be interesting to see how different people, of different ages react. I know I was ready to leap out of my chair and hit the road the first half hour.

One thing else, I now have a list of road movies to look for, some I never heard of before now.

Good stuff!!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!