American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Over The River ... Thanksgiving Road Trip To Tn & Ky!

knightfan26917

"Over the river and through the woods", the song goes....

Except, instead of heading to grandparents' homes, I MAY take a quick Thanksgiving weekend road trip...

...Friday to Sunday, November 26-28, 2010...

to see friends in Tennessee:

...Jackson

...Big Sandy

...Nashville...

AND Kentucky:

...Lexington

...Louisville...

...AND places between there and northern Illinois....

If you want to meet up, please contact me...

...EM:

faithcubsmc2691

@

aol.com

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's coming on Christmas" ... Robert Downey Jr ... 'River'

I've spent a couple of Thanksgivings in Nashville -- pulled pork is a wonderful holiday meal -- but not this year. Have fun.

You probably know that Route 66 fans The Roadcrew (Joe Loesch, et.al.) are Nashvillians but you might not know that Nashville has a really cool car museum although there's not a single Monte Carlo in it. The Lane Motor Museum features mostly European cars and that includes some fairly weird ones. It looks like your final approach to Nashville, after Big Sandy, might be on the one time Broadway of America (a.k.a, US-70). If so, you ought to take a peek at the faded BoA mural in Dickson.

• 3 weeks later...
You probably know that Route 66 fans The Roadcrew (Joe Loesch, et.al.) are Nashvillians

*grins*

Yep, I am aware ... and had hoped to meet up with Joe, but wasn't able to make the trip over TG weekend after all :(.

I missed seeing him last year, too:

http://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/DriveSouthTNAL112709112909#

...you might not know that Nashville has a really cool car museum although there's not a single Monte Carlo in it. The Lane Motor Museum features mostly European cars and that includes some fairly weird ones. It looks like your final approach to Nashville, after Big Sandy, might be on the one time Broadway of America (a.k.a, US-70). If so, you ought to take a peek at the faded BoA mural in Dickson.

I've heard of that museum, though I haven't had the time to stop and visit. Hopefully next time I get to TN, sometime in 2011....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I shiver when I see the falling snow" ... Merle Haggard ... 'If We Make It Through December'