American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Chicken Fried Bacon At Roadhouse 66

DennyG

Today I finally got to taste something I've wanted to try from the moment I first heard of it: Chicken Fried Bacon. I was in Columbus, Ohio, last night for an Ohio National Road Association meeting then mixed my highways by heading out to Roadhouse 66 to quaff a few with owner David Wickline. I figured I'd be long gone by the 11:00 opening time but I wasn't so headed back for breakfast. Of course most of Dave's menu is Route 66 inspired and while CFB's birthplace, Snook, Texas, isn't exactly on the Route, it is in a Route 66 state.

So, for those times when your blood is flowing just too freely through your veins, here it is. And what is the proper dipping sauce for CFB? Yep, gravy.

Today I finally got to taste something I've wanted to try from the moment I first heard of it: Chicken Fried Bacon. I was in Columbus, Ohio, last night for an Ohio National Road Association meeting then mixed my highways by heading out to Roadhouse 66 to quaff a few with owner David Wickline. I figured I'd be long gone by the 11:00 opening time but I wasn't so headed back for breakfast. Of course most of Dave's menu is Route 66 inspired and while CFB's birthplace, Snook, Texas, isn't exactly on the Route, it is in a Route 66 state.

So, for those times when your blood is flowing just too freely through your veins, here it is. And what is the proper dipping sauce for CFB? Yep, gravy.

Denny,

Reminds me of fried pickles, which I guess would be the "healthy" alternative! :lol: I don't recall that CFB has spread west of Texas.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Denny,

That looks GOOD!!

One of these days, when I head east, I will stop at David's place.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Put off today what you can do tomorrow, sometimes you don't do the thing" ... Diamond Rio ... 'In A Week Or 2'