American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Say What?... Oldtown, Md

According to my car reference book, two-door hardtops were quite popular in that year's Buick lineup, as they were for all makes at that time. All three nameplates--LeSabre, Invicta, and Electra, offered them.

The rare two door model was the pillared coupe (two-door sedan), which was only offered as a bottom-end LeSabre and did not rack up many sales. Two-door sedans, with their 'cheap' aura, were on their way out with nearly all makes at that time, at least in their full-sized offerings.

Dave, do a Google image search on 1960 Buick Invicta hardtop -- lots of pics of two-doors!

Jim,

Oh yah, but I meant the one door 1960 Buick Invicta Halffast model shown in the picture! :blink::lol:

The Halffast was seldom mentioned in the Buick literature. It sat only one person and as you see, lacked a steering wheel. As I recall, it was nicknamed the "halffast" by the press when a reporter quipped that is was the most halffast car he had ever seen!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!