American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

D.a.r. Pamphlet On The Nat'l Old Trails Road, Circa 1911, By Elizabeth Gentry

I'm working on a brief history of the Daughters of the American Revolution's association with the National Old Trails Road movement circa 1911 to the early 1920s. I'm trying to find a copy of a pamphlet called "The Old Trails Road, The National Highway" by Elizabeth Butler Gentry (1911). Any help finding such or other materials will be appreciated.

~ Steve

Not what you're looking for, I don't think - but I found this gem doing a search for Gentry: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/trails.cfm#p08

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

Memphis, TN

Alex,

The FHA article is what clued me in to Gentry's pamphlet. I've found tons of info on the D. A. R.'s role in promoting the NOTR in early issues of the DAR Magazine and their Congressional Congress reports. Unfortunately, I've have been unable to find the pamphlet. I may have to contact DAR National to see if they have a copy.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

~ Steve