American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Any Other Road Trip Bloggers Out There?

HotRodGuy

My wife finally convinced me to start a website for our trips, I found it easier to create a blog. So far we only have two on there, but eventually I have about a dozen to add (including a few cross country, and one x-country trip that was 2 weeks and all on two lane roads; many east coast drives like Natchez, Blue Ridge, and Skyline as well).

here it is guys :)

http://wideopentraveler.blogspot.com

I don't use a blog format, but I do have a website for my family's road trips; it's linked below my signature.

I'm working on updating it, since there are several trips I still need to get on there. My husband and I have separate sections for our own stuff, and our road trips together are under "Road Trips and Events".

Yes sir! Those look like my kind of road trips. Looking forward to you getting those Blue Ridge & Natchez drives posted. Nice ride, too. And don't worry about a few paint chips; They're great reminders of the fun you had getting them.

I don't exactly do a blog but if I was starting fresh and didn't have so much webaggage that's probably what I'd do. Blogspot, Blogger, and others make sharing less painful than it was in the old days (7 years ago :D ) and that's good for both writers and readers. I do know some other forum members that have blogs and if they don't jump on this thread, I'll out them myself.

What I do have is a website that I sort of try to treat like a blog when I'm traveling by putting up something at the end of each day (or the next day, or maybe the day after that :rolleyes: ). A link is in my signature.

edit: My site was moved to a new server last night and things were working fine when I posted this. Then, almost predictably, things ran amuck a short time later. All appears OK now, but...

Yes sir! Those look like my kind of road trips. Looking forward to you getting those Blue Ridge & Natchez drives posted. Nice ride, too. And don't worry about a few paint chips; They're great reminders of the fun you had getting them.

I don't exactly do a blog but if I was starting fresh and didn't have so much webaggage that's probably what I'd do. Blogspot, Blogger, and others make sharing less painful than it was in the old days (7 years ago :D ) and that's good for both writers and readers. I do know some other forum members that have blogs and if they don't jump on this thread, I'll out them myself.

What I do have is a website that I sort of try to treat like a blog when I'm traveling by putting up something at the end of each day (or the next day, or maybe the day after that :rolleyes: ). A link is in my signature.

I started using a blog for my road trips, but found, instead, a web site that works quite well. My road site is @:

http://www.freewebs.com/yankeetraveller/

I don't do much traveling down here in Maine - for one thing there's to much snow in the winter time and to much traffic in the summer. So I've taken to doing day trips out of Memphis while I'm down there in late December and January visiting my daughter.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr